TV TRIVIA

Tools    

Yup! Wasn't sure anyone would remember the show, but you got it right away. One of my favorite sitcoms. And that was Ted Danson's wife, Mary Steenburgen in a brief walk-on part in a very funny and satisfying finale.

Your turn @gbgoodies

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yup! Wasn't sure anyone would remember the show, but you got it right away. One of my favorite sitcoms. And that was Ted Danson's wife, Mary Steenburgen in a brief walk-on part in a very funny and satisfying finale.

Your turn @gbgoodies

I love the show "Becker". It's one of my all-time favorite shows. I love his line about her after she leaves. "I pity the poor bastard who's married to her."

Next question:

Who played the two dads in the TV show "My Two Dads"?

I 'll take a turn - now here's a poser that even gbgoodiies may not get.

What show starred a young man who became known for a famous 'catchword. '
What's lesser known is that this fellow gave a soon to be famous talk show host his first writing job. The host never forgot the opportunity, and invited his first employer in show business to appear on his talk show as long as it ran.

What's lesser known is that this fellow gave a soon to be famous talk show host his first writing job. The host never forgot the opportunity, and invited his first employer in show business to appear on his talk show as long as it ran.

I don't watch talk shows, so I'm not likely to know this, but do you want to give us any hints?

Sure @gbgoodies. I am a talk show fan, but that last clue of mine is probably as murky as the River near where the host broadcast his show.

But I'm not looking for the name of the talk show host- I'm really looking for you to name the show that this popular character starred in. ( btw both sitcom star and tv host were skinny beanpoles at the time, but only one stayed skinny)

. The mother of the character in the show was named after a state.

Sure @gbgoodies. I am a talk show fan, but that last clue of mine is probably as murky as the River near where the host broadcast his show.

But I'm not looking for the name of the talk show host- I'm really looking for you to name the show that this popular character starred in. ( btw both sitcom star and tv host were skinny beanpoles at the time, but only one stayed skinny)

I still have no idea. What decade was the show?

Mid to late 70's , The mother in the series originally appeared in an earlier well known Norman Lear sitcom. The father in the show had once played a weatherman in another well known show.

Mid to late 70's , The mother in the series originally appeared in an earlier well known Norman Lear sitcom. The father in the show had once played a weatherman in another well known show.

From these clues, I'm guessing that the TV show is "Good Times", the character with the catchphrase is Jimmy "J.J." Walker, ("Dyn-o-mite"), the mother with the state name is Florida Evans, (who also appeared on "Maude"), and the father who was a weatherman on a previous show is Gordy from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show", (I think the actor's name is John Amos).

But I have no idea how all of this connects to a talk show.

You got it all gb.....Good Times, Dynomite , Florida and Gordy . Only one you missed was the talk show guy. Who you'd only know the connection if you knew the guy and also if you were a fan.

And also.. well... ya know how you have this sieve like thing in your dryer that collects little dots and fluffs of lint? And then you have to clean it all out. You take the sieve out and you like peel off a big slice of lint. Sometimes it's has all the cotton balls from your flannel nightshirt. Sometimes there's a knot of thread you don't know where it came from. Once I found a penny.

Well ya see my mind is sorta like that sieve sometimes. Except instead of cotton balls, I collect all sorts of tidbits and factoids and interesting ( to me anyway lol) little gems of information. And once in a while I just shake the whole thing out, so you get a mingling of data that may or may not be related, if even coherent. Well I' m still coming off a week's worth of antibiotics and cough meds for a summer cold, so maybe you can indulge me in this rather rambling explanation .

Anyway- Jimmie Walker was also a stand up comic - and he hired a fresh faced kid from the Midwest who wrote many of his jokes. Midwest kid never forgot it, and after becoming very very famous- in a gesture of gallantry that belied his sometimes sarcastic on screen personna- he had Jimmie on his show repeatedly as a guest for 30+ years.

The talk show host who stayed skinny -
David Letterman.

Your turn- @gbgoodies -and thank you for your patience, if you sat thru MY monologue you probably should take two turns

You got it all gb.....Good Times, Dynomite , Florida and Gordy . Only one you missed was the talk show guy. Who you'd only know the connection if you knew the guy and also if you were a fan.

And also.. well... ya know how you have this sieve like thing in your dryer that collects little dots and fluffs of lint? And then you have to clean it all out. You take the sieve out and you like peel off a big slice of lint. Sometimes it's has all the cotton balls from your flannel nightshirt. Sometimes there's a knot of thread you don't know where it came from. Once I found a penny.

Well ya see my mind is sorta like that sieve sometimes. Except instead of cotton balls, I collect all sorts of tidbits and factoids and interesting ( to me anyway lol) little gems of information. And once in a while I just shake the whole thing out, so you get a mingling of data that may or may not be related, if even coherent. Well I' m still coming off a week's worth of antibiotics and cough meds for a summer cold, so maybe you can indulge me in this rather rambling explanation .

Anyway- Jimmie Walker was also a stand up comic - and he hired a fresh faced kid from the Midwest who wrote many of his jokes. Midwest kid never forgot it, and after becoming very very famous- in a gesture of gallantry that belied his sometimes sarcastic on screen personna- he had Jimmie on his show repeatedly as a guest for 30+ years.

The talk show host who stayed skinny -
David Letterman.

Your turn- @gbgoodies -and thank you for your patience, if you sat thru MY monologue you probably should take two turns

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering with a cold, (and the meds), but I hope you feel better soon. (I have a mind like a sieve too, but my mind seems to lack the lint trap part, so everything seems to just fall right through the little holes. )

I've never been a fan of David Letterman, (or Jimmy Walker), so I never would have guessed him. (But I used to work with a guy who was a dead ringer for a young David Letterman.)

Next question:

In the TV show "F Troop", what was the name of the Indian tribe, and how did they get their name?

The Hekawi. Cause they fell off a cliff and were lost and said 'Where the Heck are we? " translated to
"We are the Hekawi" .

I m feeling a little bit better, but I think this one is gonna take a while to fully clear out. Thanks for your concern @gbgoodies.

Really??????? Your co worker looked like Dave Letterman?!?!
Did he know it?

I never met anyone who looked like Dave. I have, however, worked with someone who did not resemble physically, but behaved totally- like Ted Baxter . Sigh .

I used to work at a fast food restaurant and an occasional customer there looked like Roy from "Wings."
I never mentioned it to him because Roy was not a likeable character.
Remember that show?
If you do, do you remember the name of Joe's business?

The Hekawi. Cause they fell off a cliff and were lost and said 'Where the Heck are we? " translated to
"We are the Hekawi" .

I m feeling a little bit better, but I think this one is gonna take a while to fully clear out. Thanks for your concern @gbgoodies.
Correct.

I'm glad that you're feeling better. Try to get some rest and eat some chicken soup.

Really??????? Your co worker looked like Dave Letterman?!?!
Did he know it?

I never met anyone who looked like Dave. I have, however, worked with someone who did not resemble physically, but behaved totally- like Ted Baxter . Sigh .
Yes, he knew. We worked in a retail store, and a lot of the customers mentioned it to him.

I used to work at a fast food restaurant and an occasional customer there looked like Roy from "Wings."
I never mentioned it to him because Roy was not a likeable character.
Remember that show?
If you do, do you remember the name of Joe's business?
Sandpiper Air?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	chicksoup.gif
Views:	83
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	47556  

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
In Buffy The Vampire Slayer, she dies at the hands of the Master, who is called upon to take her place as the next slayer?

Suspect's Reviews

Actually it was my turn, I answered the F-troop question.; but guess my chance got lost in the ' who looks like famous people' portion of this thread. I'll post my poser at a later time
then. .

Thanks for the chicken soup @gbgoodies, that was adorable.

Wonder if that guy made more sales b'c he looked like 'Dave' lol