Morgan Freeman accused of sexual harassment

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Are you still asking Why Only Now? That's been answered so many times

Although it would by no means justify said behavior, it's at least interesting how recent some of these are, with Morgan Freeman being in his late-seventies for them. It makes you wonder why only now, or if there were more from decades prior we'll soon here about.
The earliest accusation was from 2012 which is the year he made The Dark Knight Rises and he's been in like 15 films since then so not buying the senile defence. I'm guessing the CNN reporter contacted people that worked with him on recent films and was working backwards. We'll have to see what comes out. This was his statement for the record:

“Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy. I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent.

People just don't read, especially gutter press, and it goes viral. Telling someone they look nice is not harassment. Lifting someone's skirt or commenting on their boobs or arse, if he did, is workplace harassment. In my country anyway. It seems to me that many complainers whenever this comes up, very often do it Know the difference which Camo has already pointed out.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I'm asking why, specifically, these accusations are from the last 6-7 years, it wasn't a statement of their validity, it wasn't a "why have they waited this long," but, instead, a question about whether more will soon come out of the woodwork. On discussion forums such as this, we like to have discussions and share our opinions with each-other. Cheers.

I'm asking why, specifically, these accusations are from the last 6-7 years, it wasn't a statement of their validity, it wasn't a "why have they waited this long," but, instead, a question about whether more will soon come out of the woodwork. On discussion forums such as this, we like to have discussions and share our opinions with each-other. Cheers.
OK point taken. That CNN 'investigation' is the only thing I have seen so far, but the answer to your question is still the same. It's actually in the article.

Cheers

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The earliest accusation was from 2012 which is the year he made The Dark Knight Rises and he's been in like 15 films since then so not buying the senile defence. I'm guessing the CNN reporter contacted people that worked with him on recent films and was working backwards. We'll have to see what comes out. This was his statement for the record:
I'm not making the senile defense. I am simply curious there might be more we don't know about. If it was in 2012, he'd have been in his seventies, has he been completely on the up-and-up for the seventy years prior. That's what I'm curious about. If more will come out or if the alleged misconduct started at the turn of the millennium.

Oh.......no.

If he did bad things, guess he's gotta pay.

I'm hoping he didn't do bad things, but there's no hope once someone makes that allegation, let alone 16 people.
CNN has asked for anyone who feels they were harassed in the workplace to come forward.

Whatever happened to the Michael Douglas accusation I wonder. Paid off or a false accusation is what I would like to know. I haven't seen a peep since he got up in front of whatever talk show he was on.

First, I'm not condoning real sexual harassment or rapes but in recent years things have gone wrong. I'm afraid that we're going back to puritan times where everything sex related is going to become a taboo and mingling of sexes is replaced by separation. Who would have thought that the next wave of puritanism is brought to us by feminists?

We already have examples from sports (http://digitalmag.globalgolfpost.com...&contentItem=0) and schools (https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...rimary-schools) where men decide not to take risks with women or girls. With most allegations "innocent until proven guilty" works but here it's always just guilty and the stigma never goes away.

Does anybody else besides me think that God MIGHT BE NEXT?!

I mean, the next man to be accused of sexual harassment.

Why not?

God sees everything, right? Voyeur! He (or even SHE) spies on EVERYBODY when they're naked, right? When Bill Cosby was drugging and raping women, God stood in the shadows and watched. Peeper!

Then there's the whole strange thing where God created our bodies (in his image!), touching us all. What an obsession!

If Morgan Freeman can be guilty, then I think God could very well be next to be accused.
Well there were a couple of virgin Mary #MeToo memes doing the rounds last year, so you're not alone.

First, I'm not condoning real sexual harassment or rapes but in recent years things have gone wrong. I'm afraid that we're going back to puritan times where everything sex related is going to become a taboo and mingling of sexes is replaced by separation. Who would have thought that the next wave of puritanism is brought to us by feminists?

We already have examples from sports (http://digitalmag.globalgolfpost.com...&contentItem=0) and schools (https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...rimary-schools) where men decide not to take risks with women or girls. With most allegations "innocent until proven guilty" works but here it's always just guilty and the stigma never goes away.
I am distruebed that it is VERY possible that this can be a smear campaign started by a disgruntled person, or, worst case - an off color moment with many opportunists coming out.

Why would someone want to ruin Morgan? No idea.

Sounds delusional that I'd even think something like that, I know.

But ...let's just wait and see. I still like the guy. Please...let me still like this f#cking guy.

In answer to Pahak - in relation to workplace harassment, this has been coming for decades in the film industry and now people, women and men, are speaking out about it. If you were harassed in the workplace, or your children were, wouldn't you like to be heard? I am not speaking about saying someone looks nice or holding a door open for them, and I'm speaking in general, not about Freeman. People have the right to not feel harassed constantly depending on if legislation exists in whatever country you are in. And there is a big difference between what feminism started out as and what SJWs are, but they got the ball rolling eventhough in my own experience from being an extra, the request to touch a person was already in place.

I would like to see what Arkin has to say about this particular matter, but I would be surprised if he said much other than the usual comment not a comment.

Morgan didn't even deny it guys. He used the old i didn't realize what i was doing was wrong defence.

“Anyone who knows me or has worked with me knows I am not someone who would intentionally offend or knowingly make anyone feel uneasy. I apologize to anyone who felt uncomfortable or disrespected — that was never my intent.

I'm watching something about it right now.

LMAO, where did this part even come from?

Primary teaching is increasingly seen as a "feminine" career and men tend to shun working with younger children through fears they will be accused of paedophilia.
It's just thrown in without saying who said it or how they came to the conclusion that's the problem. They even offer another reason males aren't taking jobs further down except the source of the comment is actually revealed and it's someone who would be familiar with these issues:

But Jim Knight, the schools minister, said the situation was improving.

"There has never been a better time to be a teacher with pay at record levels; more support staff than ever before to free them up to focus on the classroom; better facilities; and schools given full power to impose discipline – but we know there is more to do to take on a long-standing and completely false perception among some men that primary schools don't offer as demanding a job as secondary schools," he said.

I take issue with the comment that the next wave of puritans comes from feminists. Morgan freemans' matter is about legislation covering the workplace. This came into effect in USA back in the 80s if I recall. The question should be

Why is it still happening. I've been subjected to it so I know it happens.

Sag reviewing his life
time achievement award following claims.
Now hang on a minute CNN. this is what wrecks careers. Talk about jumping the gun - kangaroo court is still alive and well. Manipulative media. It happened here in Australia with an actor I'm not particularly fond of but I am certainly no fan of trial by media. Let the investigation at least get some teeth. I don't care who the actor is unless they have a reputation for harassing people in the workforce.