125 Best Films Ever Made List

Tools    

92 Easy A

I generally am not a fan of these type teen type of romantic comedy types. Most of my modern film knowledge is Potter, Rings, Star Wars and Marvel In The Title
But This was a good movie

91 Grumpy Old Men

I watch this movie every holiday season. While its not technically a christmas movie. It does take place through Thanksgiving and Christmas and also has The Great Burgess Meredith the best thing about these movies

90 Star Trek

One Of My favorite 2009 films. The whole cast just works for me. The Sequels were not as good but this reboot was very good

89 Sherlock Holmes

Its one of those movies you dont expect to be a hidden gem but RDJ really nailed this adaptation of Holmes. So would like to see Cumberbatch play a villain in 3 so we get a really good sequel

88 Shrek

Not the biggest fan of 3d animation but there sometimes is a movie thats so good and for me its happened 4 times that ill let a movie slide not being classic 2d animation.
Shrek is one of my favorite films ever I think

You two will just have to ogree to disogree.

87 Tombstone

There is only a couple westerns I like in the modern era outside of the Western Classic era. Its Tombstone and Two Other films. In my mind I will always picture Kurt Russel in mustache and Wyatt

86 Top Gun

Im not a very big Fan of Tom Cruise but you cant be a child of the 80s and not have or love Top Gun. There needs too be more movies about men and women in the military and not be all about war. Top Gun was the romantic side of what people thought it means to enlist to be a pilot.

85 Captain America--First Avenger

Such A underrated member of the MCU. It gets overshadowed by several other great film for sure but this was for a while the best film after Iron Man 1 and my 3rd favorite MCU film after Avengers 1 came out. But its been overtaken since but really remarkable films. But this holds a special place for me.

84 The Jungle Book

This was the best live action adaptation from Disneys resent attempts to make there classics live action. I still prefer the classic animated films but what was done in this film was ground breaking in only Mowgli the human boy was real in the movie.

This might just do nobody any good.
First Avenger comes so close to being a good movie.

Let the night air cool you off
I am not sure why Larry is remaining so snide, but I am enjoying your list, Ned. It's unconventional, but that gives it personality. I like the inclusion of some of the westerns and Shrek. I watched Shrek a ton when I was like 12ish, because I had it on VHS. Come to think of it, I guess my family hopped on DVDs a little late in the game.

EDIT: Dude, the thumbnail for The Ten Commandments trailer looks amazing.

83 The Little Mermaid

After Aladdin and Disney animation return to grand form. The Little Mermaid came next in the wave of really great Disney hit animation in the 90s era. Littler Mermaid had a great Villain and great songs.

82 Who Framed Roger Rabbit

One of my favorite movies when I was a kid. When The Disney Channel actually aired great films and not teen only tv shows.

81 Blazing Saddles

I apologize for the language in the clip but this was my favorite Mel Brooks movie well until is Seen Robin Hood Men In Tights. But still this is great comedy classic.

80 Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom

Its Amazing how Lucas came up with Star Wars and The Indiana Jones first 3 movies. He was the true king of the 80s. I appricate The Temple Of Doom More now then did when I was younger

79 Star Trek 4 The Voyage Home

I really did like the Star Trek movies but Voyage Home and Wrath Of Khan were just classics for me. Yes you can love Star Wars and Star Trek

78 Rocky 3

Love the first 4 Rocky Movies. It was a great feel good come back story every time. I cried when Mick died and if you didnt cry then your made of steel

Temple of doom deserves more love imo.
Yes, It's my favorite Indy too.
Dont know which is my fav but i always thought they were about equal quality.