Best/worst director - your humble opinion, please

Tools    

Best - Coen brothers, David Fincher, Christopher Nolan

Worst - Don't know seeing that I haven't seen that many bad movies

Welcome to the human race...
Ok so I guess you have a problem with using critics as a reference for what film is better. I was just defending Kick Ass which is one of my favourites that you randomly decided to pick on and say RE was better when critics around the globe say otherwise.
It wasn't a random choice - given that it is an R-rated franchise action movie, it seemed the obvious point of comparison to the RE series and most of Anderson's output as opposed to something like Hot Tub Time Machine. Apples and oranges, etc.

But whatever that's like your opinion man, I don't care.
True.

I wasn't even specifically picking on Resident Evil I was just using is as a example with the other crappy movies Paul. W. Anderson has done.
I just figure that Anderson gets a bit too much of a bad rap - he's got his flaws, but he's not on the same level as Uwe Boll or Seltzer/Friedberg. He's more like Shyamalan - easy enough to dismiss as The Worst, but there's enough going on to at least make them interesting as opposed to a useless hack like Boll.

Unlike other films Adam Sandler films attract hate bait so of course all the Internet trolls are just going to down vote his films without watching it.
That seems like more of a problem with Internet trolls than Sandler himself - I won't defend that kind of worthless downvoting. Even so, Sandler has still cultivated a fairly negative reputation due to his repetitive, simplistic, and abrasive brand of humour that most definitely isn't for everyone. You may personally like his work, but you can't presume to think that anyone and everyone who doesn't like it is pretending or a troll or what-have-you. A lot of people just don't find him funny.

But just like the Resident Evil films, Adam Sandler must have his fans hiding in the closet somewhere since just recently all his films have done pretty well at the box office. But seriously why would you watch multiple Sandler films if you find him annoying? are you just watching them just so you have a legitimate claim to hate every single movie he does?
What, you've never had to watch a film you didn't want to for whatever reason or liked films at first only to grow to dislike them over time? I even tried citing some exceptions - note that two of them were from way back in the '90s and one of them involved an arthouse filmmaker like P.T. Anderson. That indicates two problems with Sandler in general - one, that his schtick was funny once but has worn very thin over the past two decades, and two, that he has the potential to do good work but is content to settle for profitable mediocrity. Still, I've only seen a handful of his films in full because they are generally pretty easy to avoid - the only reason I watched Pixels was as part of a challenge on this very website.

Of course Netflix are going to advertise the Sandler films that they paid good money for it's not his films that are plastered over the screen though every Netflix exclusive is.
I know that's how Netflix runs their business, but if you're going to contend that "he's not being shubbed down your throat", then I'm going to counter that with an example. At least if that's the only example then it's ultimately tolerable, but still, it exists.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Based on the movies I've watched:

Best: Sergio Leone, Robert Zemeckis, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, Stanley Kubrick, Ang Lee, Zhang Yimou, Christopher Nolan

Awesome but not the best: Quentin Tarantino, George Roy Hill, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Sammy Hung, Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris

Personal Favorites: Sergio Leone, Zhang Yimou, Nabwana IGG, Christopher Nolan

Worst: James Nguyen, Uwe Boll, Michael Bay, Tommy Wiseau, Lewis Schoenburg

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Michael Bay, simply because he's hated, poor man.

I actually don't know. I dont tend to choose movies based on director.

This might just do nobody any good.
I'm trying to think of a director I don't like who isn't generally considered a "bad" director.

My first thought was Lars Von Trier but that's really me not liking his personality and not his work.

Tarantino goes in the category.

I don't know, I just don't want beat a dead horse by naming Bay, Ratner or someone like that.

David O. Russell is one I think. Aside from Three Kings, the films I've seen from him don't stand out the way others make them up to be.

That he's a douche doesn't help either.

My favorites list is pretty basic (currently working): Scorsese, PTA, Fincher, Jarmusch, Villeneuve, Coens, Lynne Ramsay, Park Chan-wook, Bong Joon-ho, Alfonso Cuaron, etc.