Best/worst director - your humble opinion, please

Tools    

Chief cook and bottlewasher
Alrighty then, folks. I'm interested and perhaps others are as well.

Who are your personal best/worst directors and why. Yes, "because I hate the way he/she licks stamps" is an acceptable reason.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Best - Mario Bava, the man makes every shot beautiful, using his previous career as a cinematographer to every advantage. He also invented an entire genre, the giallo.

Worst - The duo of Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg. They are the fathers of masterpieces such as Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie. Need I say more?

Chief cook and bottlewasher
Worst - Noah Baumbach (hate the way he licks stamps)
He should be taken out and maimed for Margot at the Wedding

Best: Quentin Tarantino

Worst: Paul W.S. Anderson
The director of such crap video game adaptions such as Mortal Kombat, DOA: Dead or Alive and The Resident Evil series.
The guy has never made a good film in his career. Who the **** is watching these Resident Evil films by the way? because they are still making heaps of money at the box office. I don't know anyone who follows these films.

Welcome to the human race...
Worst: Paul W.S. Anderson
The director of such crap video game adaptions such as Mortal Kombat, DOA: Dead or Alive and The Resident Evil series.
The guy has never made a good film in his career. Who the **** is watching these Resident Evil films by the way? because they are still making heaps of money at the box office. I don't know anyone who follows these films.
whatup

(by the way, every RE movie is better than Kick-Ass)

Could you say the same of The Animal?

According to rotten tomato's yes.

But you know people just hate on Adam Sandler films because it's the 'hip" thing to do these days.

Why are you personally picking on me for my favourite films?

Did I hurt your hurt your feelings?

I just assumed that most people around here wouldn't care for those movies.

Just trying to point out the problem with trying to appeal to popularity as a measure of quality.

I don't care for critics anyways film is subject of personal taste, but you know that's what they're here for to judge quality.

People hate on Adam Sandler because he's annoying and makes crappy movies.

Most would of only seen one of his movies and not like it and not watch another. It should just end there but no it doesn't because the cool thing to do is to troll Adam Sandler and tell the whole world how much you hate him.

You go watch a trailer for a Adam Sandler movie on Youtube and in the comment section you have 1000s of comments that are just from trolls.

Seriously if people want him to go away then they should just stop talking about him. Adam Sandler hardly does any press anymore so its not like his shoved down your throat.

Welcome to the human race...
You can't expect to defend a film like Kick-Ass on the grounds that the general population likes it and then flip around and say that most people only hate Adam Sandler because it's the cool thing to do. I've seen multiple Sandler movies and, with the possible exceptions of Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison (not even sure whether or not to count Punch-Drunk Love), they're bad. The last one I saw was Pixels, which is one of the worst movies I've seen this decade. Also, now that he's doing multiple pictures that are being released straight to Netflix, every time I sign in I have to run the risk of looking at his mug plastered across the front page, so it's not like he's that easy to ignore anyway.

You can't expect to defend a film like Kick-Ass on the grounds that the general population likes it and then flip around and say that most people only hate Adam Sandler because it's the cool thing to do. I've seen multiple Sandler movies and, with the possible exceptions of Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison (not even sure whether or not to count Punch-Drunk Love), they're bad. The last one I saw was Pixels, which is one of the worst movies I've seen this decade. Also, now that he's doing multiple pictures that are being released straight to Netflix, every time I sign in I have to run the risk of looking at his mug plastered across the front page, so it's not like he's that easy to ignore anyway.

Ok so I guess you have a problem with using critics as a reference for what film is better. I was just defending Kick Ass which is one of my favourites that you randomly decided to pick on and say RE was better when critics around the globe say otherwise.

But whatever that's like your opinion man, I don't care.

I wasn't even specifically picking on Resident Evil I was just using is as a example with the other crappy movies Paul. W. Anderson has done.

Unlike other films Adam Sandler films attract hate bait so of course all the Internet trolls are just going to down vote his films without watching it.

But just like the Resident Evil films, Adam Sandler must have his fans hiding in the closet somewhere since just recently all his films have done pretty well at the box office. But seriously why would you watch multiple Sandler films if you find him annoying? are you just watching them just so you have a legitimate claim to hate every single movie he does?

Of course Netflix are going to advertise the Sandler films that they paid good money for it's not his films that are plastered over the screen though every Netflix exclusive is.

My favorite director is probably Steven Spielberg; that man makes anything, ANYTHING genuinely entertaining at the very least. The worst? I haven't seen enough bad movies, but what I've seen of clips from Uwe Boll's films are enough to make up my mind. That man
couldn't direct ******* traffic.

I've removed a number of posts about Adam Sandler. I've tried to cut them off right around the point it escalated, but it's not perfect.

Do not personally insult other members, and do not stray too far off-topic. Thanks.