Stephen King fact or fiction?

Tools    

Saw this on another board, and I am truly beside myself...

"I just heard some sad news on talk radio - Horror/Sci Fi writer Stephen King was found dead in his Maine home this morning. There weren't any more details. I'm sure everyone in this community will miss him - even if you didn't enjoy his work, there's no denying his contributions to popular culture. Truly an American icon"
please someone say this isnt true.

I've watched all the major news channels, searched on the web, and haven't found anything relating to this. The other poster said it was morning when he was found, you'de think it would have been on CNN by now. I believe that guy was smoking his breakfast today. At least let's hope.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I feel pretty safe when I say it's a bogus report... I highly doubt a writer as famous as Mr. King could simply pass away without a few of us hearing about it

No, Stephen King is not dead. He is in fact retiring, but he hasn't died on us yet.