The Big Comeback!!

Tools    

What, if any, actors/actresses would you like to see make a big comeback? Not seen them around for awhile? Caught doing naughty things at rest stops? Never could act anyway? Where ever did they go? I mean I thought Shelly Duvall would be around forever!

One actor who comes to mind for me is: Val Kilmer.

It wasn't like he kept doing terrible movies, he had some good roles, proved he could act. So where is he? My favorite Kilmer Movie: The Doors. Second: Willow.

OK, I started it, you guys finish it...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Kilmer was in The Salton Sea earlier this year, but the release got buried for some reason and nobody saw it. It'll soon premiere on R1 DVD the second week of September.

Hey, he's gonna be in a movie directed by Renny Harlin (Deep Blue Sea, Cutthroat Island, Driven) co-starring Christian Slater and L.L. Cool J., so I think that big comeback is just around the corner!

Was Val Kilmer ever really a "star" anyway? He was 'hot' for a while, and then he traded in that currency for Batman Forever and The Saint. Whoops. But opportunities like Heat simply don't come around very often, especially when you waste time on The Island of Dr. Moreau and Red Planet. Double whoops.

I was happy to see Elliott Gould in Soderbergh's Ocean's 11 re-make last year, and even more excited to see he's signed on for Bob Altman's next project, Voltage. He works steadily enough these days, but sadly Gould is best known to this generation as Ross and Monica's father. He was one of my favorite stars of the 1970s (M*A*S*H, The Long Goodbye, The Silent Partner, California Split, Little Murders, Harry & Walter Go to New York) and I hope he can get another shot at some decent starring roles before he's done.

And for the record, I've always liked Shelley Duvall.

And hey, whatever happened to that John Belushi guy? Now he was a funny fu*k. I'd love to see him working again.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Arnie...and he will in T3

I always thought Jason Scott Lee deserved far more exposure than he`s ever got...he was awesome as Bruce Lee

Quoted from Holden Pike
And hey, whatever happened to that John Belushi guy? Now he was a funny fu*k. I'd love to see him working again.
He's got his own show on ABC: What about Jim. It's been on for 2 yrs now. It's so-so IMO.

I don't think so. That's his brother, Jim - thus the title of the show, "What About Jim" as opposed to "What About John".

At least John Belushi had the good sense not to get involved with Blues Brothers 2000 - what a waste. Still, I'd like to see him in something new.

Damn. now I'm REALLY embarrased

It didn't even occur to me you would be talking about a dead guy

8221 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood: the Chateau Marmont hotel, Bungalow #2: is where comedian/actor John Belushi died of an overdose of heroin and cocaine on March 5,1982, at the age of 33.

A comedic genius, lost.

Everything that has been said in this thread as of late has me lost. What is so incredibly not funny?

Now With Moveable Parts
I laughed. Then I cringed...then I shook my head in disgust. You boys are SO predictable.