Things about your favorite movie that you dislike

Tools    

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
You have a favorite movie for a reason, but sometimes even the best movies have their problem spots.

For me, Star Wars always did leave me a little tired of the dialogue writing. I mean, simple words and phrases are fine here and there, but with an epic of that proportion, George Lucas could've went with deeper lines and such. But that's just me.

How about you guys? Anything about your favorite film that you think they could've made better?

I didn't know there was a thread like this. If there is, I apologize for not looking it up before posting. Just what was crossing my mind at the time.

"He has all the time in the world ... "
Well, before we get all merged or something, Lucas has been criticised a lot for his dialogue in Star Wars, much of it by the actors who had to deliver the lines themselves. I don't think dialogue is Lucas' strong point. Anachronisms & dodgy back-projections tend to annoy me in movies I like a lot.

There are no flaws in 8 1/2. That's why it's my favorite movie.

There are no flaws in 8 1/2. That's why it's my favorite movie.
Same way I feel about Vertigo

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
There are no flawless movies, but if it's your fave, it's similar to your first love and therefore seems flawless, at least for a time. I may come back and list all the flaws in my fave movies but there are far too many to get too deeply into it. Also, I would never point out the flaws of another person's fave movie. It'd be like saying, "Your wife is a fat, evil cow" or something similar.

"He has all the time in the world ... "
One person's 'flaw' is another's 'constructive criticism'.

No, there really are no flaws in 8 1/2. Seriously.

Plus, your wife is kinda fat. Sorry.

I think Mark's dead-on: of course there are flaws. I imagine each and every director would say as much and have a thing or two they'd like to change, even, but when you love a film anything other than what it is feels wrong. That's not quite the same thing as saying it's perfect, though.

Anyway, my favorite film is 12 Angry Men, and I feel the subplot with Juror #3's son could've been a little subtler.

Hmm... I'll try and think of one for Vertigo... umm... uh... I guess they could have expanded Barbara Bel Geddes' character a little more, I suppose

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The extended edition of Terminator 2. Some of the new scenes are pretty good (Sarah running after Kyle Reese) but "smiles"? Honestly, the original edition is the way to go.

Lorraine Bracco isn't great in GoodFellas. Solid, but not Oscar-worthy.

The Lord Of The Rings is long, which annoys many people (not me)

The Toy Story Trilogy has no flaws that I can think of.

Zodiac is not as great after the first five viewings.

Raging Bull has no flaws.

Fight Club's last third is less engrossing than the rest of the film.

A Clockwork Orange is more enjoyable in the first third than the rest of the film.

North By Northwest's finale was a bit weak, but still exciting.

A Town Called Panic is a bit drawn out.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Out of the ones Tyler has listed, I agree with Fight Club, the 3rd act isn't as strong as the first two. Project Mayhem on.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
2001- what flaws? i dont know... i never understood why Kubrick inserted an 'Intermission' after Hal heard about the secret plan.
He wanted to use every possible means of dragging out the film?

Here's the ones for my other favorites:

The Matrix - Keanu Reeves is a bore, and the pacing could've been a bit faster.

Avatar - Rehashed story. It worked (in my opinion), but could've been more original.

Inception - predictable until the end, which left me asking the most questions.

The Dark Knight - the dialogue over-analyzed everything.

The Shawshank Redemption - none that I can think of at the moment.

Memento - the payoff was a little disturbing for my taste. It still rocked though.

The Silence of the Lambs - I'm wishing Hopkins had more screen time as Lector.

The Departed - Too many deaths.

Amadeus - Tom Hulce's and a few other actors' noticeable American accent throughout the movie.

2001- what flaws? i dont know... i never understood why Kubrick inserted an 'Intermission' after Hal heard about the secret plan.
That's a good question. It's a fairly long movie, does anybody know if there was an actual audience intermission during the original theatrical run?