Tom Hanks

Tools    

Hey everyone out there i would just like to know your opinion of tom hanks. Who finds him attractive? Old or young or not at all.

best actor of all time, and currently. He isnt my personal favorite, but all factors weighed, he's the greatest, then again i just saw road to perdition so i might be on some kind of Tom Hanks high.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

All Vectorman is concerned with is if we find him SEXY.

And the answer is yes, I do think he's sexy. He's starting to show his age now, though, but he was definitely a sexy man, and who knows, maybe he still is. I haven't seen him fully naked, though we almost did in Forrest Gump when he showed his pubes. Very hot!

righto!

Tell me more about your attraction to Tom, Vectorman. What other celebrities do you like?

I like to watch...
From a girl's point of view I don't find Tom Hanks sexy at all! While I do admit he is a good actor I would never call him a great one...by virtue of the roles he gets I think his ability is somewhat overrated. Don't jump on me for saying this but really - apart from Philadelphia I can't see that he has ever really stretched himself acting wise. Forrest Gump was sweet but he just played lovable goof like many others could have done. Road to Perdition is not out here in Australia so maybe it will prove me wrong.

As a guy he is great - funny, smart, very engaging and friendly but sexy - no way. I can't ever see him doing a Tom Cruise and going for an "Eyes Wide Shut" kind of role if you know what I mean. I don't think overtly sexual roles are in Tom's repertoire which is a shame. It might make me think twice about him if he could be convincing in that way.

Well, I don't know that he has to necessarily fit into a highly sexual role to be a sexy person. Perhaps it's just me, but sexiness is a little harder to measure than that. That said, I think he's a wonderful actor with an incredible range.

lol im not attracted to Tom Hanks at all! Im a dude! I was just wondering if the fact that people like hm so msuch is because of his looks or because of his acting skills. I lean toward the later but actors like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt seem to get by on their looks alone.

Cruise, I think, benefits heavily, but Pitt, while he wouldn't be AS famous, would still be right up there, in my opinion. I think he's highly talented.

Likewise, although I must say I would say that I don't think Cruise is that attractive at all...

this is crazy we are discussing whether or not the greatest actor in the world is sexy or not

I dunno about whether he's the greatest actor in the world, but he's definitely not sexy. I would say "vaguely attractive, in an amiable sort of way."

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
At the age of 47 he has come a long way from the "man with one red shoe" I mean he was in Big, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan and now Road to Perdition(which i have yet to see)
This man has so many movies and so many talents. He and his wife are great together, and act well together!
His son is blossoming into a funny guy too.
Did anyone catch the award he just won? That was a really nice occation just relfecting on the history of Tom Hanks and the many works not only as an actor but as a director too!!
I give Tom Two thumbs up +++++

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by vectorman17
... but actors like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt seem to get by on their looks alone.
Grrrrr. Jealous much? Both actors you just mentioned are very talented, good looking or not; which they are...but that's just an added plus. Tsk tsk, shame on you for even suggesting such a thing.

I don't know if Tom Hanks can be considered sexy, but he is very appealing. He makes it easy to love the character he is portaying. For me its his eyes, like in Saving Private Ryan, when they do that extreme close-up, all the feelings his character was feeling was believable, at least to me...because I could feel them. Since Philadelphia, Hanks has not had ONE bad role. Is he the best? Can you compare Hanks to Hopkins? Or Gibson to Ford? No, it's all relative, thay are all the greats. One of my favorite tho'

Enemies are so stimulating.
its weird. although tom hanks has been in a load of movies that i love and i admit that he is one of the great actors i just cant put him on my favourite actors list. i dont know why. i think i need to go watch something deeply moving with him in. come to think of it ive seen philidelphia, forest gump, the green mile. (cant think of other moving films at the moment). he is good but for me he obviously doesnt push the buttons. maybe he just isnt original enough or sommit.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
I`d say Tom`s pretty average in the look`s department personally, but beens this is a Tom Hanks thread, while I`m here, I`ll take the opportunity and give a shout out for my all-time favourite Hanks movie...

"The Burbs" -luv it!

Now With Moveable Parts
I think he used to be kinda "nice" looking, but the years haven't been kind to Tommy. He's a bit chubby and those curls are revealing all that forehead. 'tsk' I dunno...he still has those soft, friendly eyes and I've been a fan of his voice since FOREVER!!

Posted in its orignial form by the Lady:
Grrrrr. Jealous much?

Double standards, o Miss Mortal Nemisis of Julia?