Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

[center]We Bought a Zoo (2011)

Overall I very much enjoyed it, as did my wife and dogs.
Does this mean we can expect a "Rudy & Randy Review" thread anytime soon?

(Third Watch)

Alejandro González Iñárritu's prayer for peace is such an extraordinary film, a messy and chaotic piece of cinema, yet one that is very human. It's everything the overly melodramatic 'Crash' wanted to be. It's a global tale; a series of heartbreaking events all connected through people of different cultures and races. Without going into any more detail, one thing that did catch me; is the self-centered provoked response from the United States towards the tragedy that happens in the beginning of the film. They believe it was perpetrated by Violent, Militant Muslim Terrorists. Only to find out it was done solely through the thoughtless act of a child. Really makes a statement about the certain people in power these days, and how jumping to conclusions through bigoted hysteria gets us nowhere.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

If they could talk they'd have more to say than I do.
They could use pom-poms for the ratings instead of buckets of popcorn ..... have I persuaded you to give it a go yet?

They could use pom-poms for the ratings instead of buckets of popcorn ..... have I persuaded you to give it a go yet?
I'm a firm believer in the "Roger Ebert Rating System"

⭐⭐
⭐⭐.5
⭐⭐⭐
⭐⭐⭐.5
⭐⭐⭐⭐

I only hope this becomes a 'thing' on this site

The Secret Of My Success (1987)

Seen this a few times... is it me, or is the entire movie packed with seriously unlikeable characters?

Fox spends the entire film lying to Howard (his Uncle and boss) and banging Howard's wife Vera, which is technically his Aunt... then Fox sniffs after Slater, who is banging Howard...

Fox, Vera and Slater then all form a hostile takeover and run Howard out of his business.
I'd feel sorry for Howard, except he was also cheating on his wife with Slater.

It's basically a cast of suit stereotypes and cheats, all cheating on each other and lying their way through the film.
Then there's the tone that goes from something akin to a Carry On movie, then changes to a Scooby Doo slapstick doors-in-corridors routine and then becomes something that wants to be Wall Street.

Nocturnal Animals

Wasn't quite sure what to expect from this film. It ended up being one of the best movies of the year for me. Definitely top ten material. Everyone in it was terrific but Michael Shannon stood out the most, The story itself was clever with the present day, flashbacks, and the fictional book. The setting in the fictional book was particularly haunting, intense, and unsettling; especially the scene near the beginning on the road when the family encounters the gang for the first time.

I highly recommend this to everyone.

I have to mention the ending but won't give away any spoilers. Let's just say I'm sure half loved it and the other half didn't find it fulfilling. Put me in the former. A lot of theories about the ending and would love to start a discussion in another thread so we don't ruin it for others here.

~Groundhog Day~

The only things holding Nocturnal Animals from being last on my list of 2016 is Trolls and Sausage Party.
F**k you Man! Suicide Squad was EASILY the richest piece of brilliant cinema from 2016. A close second would the Christlike Masterclass Comedy 'Nine Lives' directed by Brendan Fraser and his penis.

And If I had to ALREADY select a film from 2017 that would be my favorite:
It'll have to be 'The Gong Show' starring some Child Fondler.