Brad Pitt - Acting Like An Ass?

Tools    

Check this out, from AICN:

We are sorry to tell you as of 1/2 an hour ago the news was announced to all of us working on the picture that the film is over. Apparently Brad cannot be talked back onto the film. Aronofsky said he and producer Gil Adler tried everything they could to convince him to come back on, but no cigar. The fact is that Warner Brothers will not go ahead without another big-name star. Aronofsky said there are only four other big names that are of Pitt's box-office caliber, all of whom are unavailable at such short notice.

The real bummer is for the 400 or so crew who have flown in from all corners of Australia and overseas - out on their asses. What amazes us is that it appears Brad Pitt has no real understanding of the impact of his decision, now only seven weeks from shooting. We estimate there is over 1500 people here in Australia, including family and children, who are now displaced and unemployed.
Whatcha think?

wow, im shoked and surprised i wouldnt have thought Brad Pitt would do something like that. Its very disappointing, especially with the impact this is having on not just him but 400 other cast members who have left their homes to go for filming. There is no reason to justify this.

Brad Pitt is a famous actor. What do you expect?

A novel adaptation.
That seems so weird.
I wonder if he'll release a statement.

It's not just money. There was a big thing about how badly Pitt didn't want to shoot The Fountain in Queensland, but in Sydney and people were bending over backwards to get it to work and the next thing, bam, he pulls out and studios [being studios] pull the plug.

The reason I'm most dissapointed was that this was the film I had the number of the production manager to. I was going to ring and see if I could get some sort of gopher/runner-type work on set.

No cigar indeed. No cigar at all.

I like to watch...
There have been rumours for two months now here in Australia that Brad Pitt was being a prima-donna leading up to the start of production on The Fountain. Some rumours say he thought the Gold Coast was a crap location and that he wasn't overly enamoured with the idea of Sydney either. Other rumours say he wanted out because he was (or is) more interested in securing another role in a film based on the Iliad - I think it's the story of Troy or something along those lines. Other rumours suggest he is whining over the script and just generally being an arse.

The latest word here though is that he is still interested in doing it so long as it fits in with his changing schedules and priorities - so no-one really knows when it will be resurrected and whether or not Brad will star. The film was halted last year due to co-star Cate Blanchett's pregnancy so Brad probably figures it can be put on the backburner again to suit him.

It's a shame - all that time growing that ridiculous beard for nothing!!

i think there is probably more to the story than that.

Well, it's definite. I rang the production manager of The Fountain today and it was confirmed that the production has indeed been shut down.

A novel adaptation.
Any explanation for Brad's irrational behavior?

No, although my guess is that it had something to do with the locale. I wasn't ringing up to get conformation of course. I was ringing up to get a job on an Aronofsky film...

Wait, because Brad Pitt chooses not to do a movie he's a selfish prick? OK. And now the other movie he's involved with that will get put into production, thereby creating jobs for that crew and near that location, is he not a great guy for doing this?

I see no malice involved in one decision or benevolence in the other.

Is it Pitt's fault the Studio will only finance the movie with a certain "calibur" of star. If they don't believe in Aronofsky and the script, aren't they bigger ******** than Brad in you folks' eyes?

Oh, right, this is a business. So maybe there's no malice on anyone's part here, maybe this is just one of three dozen projects that will be put into turnaround for any variety of reasons over the coming months. Big frippin' deal.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I don't think we can really place any negative criticism on anyone invovled given the little bit of knowledge we have at this time.

I'm sure that it somehow revolved around $$$, it seems like most thing in Hollywood do. But Holden brings up a good point, how good would the movie have been if the studio has such little faith in the director/story that they pull it as soon as their star walk.

It will be interesting to see how this develops in the press over time.

I don't recall having said that he's a bad guy, apart from saying I had reason to hate him in the thread about hating actors where I was obviously kidding. I would have liked to have worked on a film is all.

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, whine, whine, whine SB!!!