THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

What's up with this no-avatar deal?

Now I've seen both Sexy and Camo without one and I remember MovieGal loved that "clean out my profile" routine. What's up?

Lots of people seemingly missing from this place. This has been a tough year for Mofo.
I noticed that too. BTW does anyone know what happened to Topsy? She just up and disappeared one day.

Lots of people seemingly missing from this place. This has been a tough year for Mofo.
In what way?

This stuff always looks different to me, because I've seen generations of users come and go several times already. But to anyone who "came up" in a certain period, when this sort of turnover happens, it feels like an entirely different site that will never be the same. Which is technically true. But then, once upon a time all these users were the new weirdos and all the others before them were the ones who stopped coming around.

So it goes. It is usually a little more gradual, however, with more overlap. In this case, the shift is a little more delineated, because it's been accompanied by big political changes, new site features, the IMDB closure, etc. Everything at once, instead of the usual fade from one generation to the next.

This stuff always looks different to me, because I've seen generations of users come and go several times already. But to anyone who "came up" in a certain period, when this sort of turnover happens, it feels like an entirely different site that will never be the same. Which is technically true. But then, once upon a time all these users were the new weirdos and all the others before them were the ones who stopped coming around.

So it goes. It is usually a little more gradual, however, with more overlap. In this case, the shift is a little more delineated, because it's been accompanied by big political changes, new site features, the IMDB closure, etc. Everything at once, instead of the usual fade from one generation to the next.
Well I like it here anyway. My fave thing, I think, is that is not over-moderated. Yoda is extremely pleasant & helpful & this is positively reflected on the website.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've been here long enough to see people come and go. When people like Sexy leave, it's really felt around the boards.

Suspect's Reviews

I haven't logged on for a bit myself, but seeing Camo and SC with the wiped profiles is pretty upsetting. I know I won't enjoy this place nearly as much without those two posting- as well as Nostro.

Well I like it here anyway. My fave thing, I think, is that is not over-moderated. Yoda is extremely pleasant & helpful & this is positively reflected on the website.
ok,maybe it's finally time I say a thing or two about you, you're the man upstairs, afterall, the master of all us Jedi.

I agree. you're practically unnoticeable, hell you remind me of sir alec in that way. And believe me, I've been on some other forums (even got banned multiple times,but that's been my fault) and had extremely negative experiences. But we all know why is that - you're Leo.

I noticed that too. BTW does anyone know what happened to Topsy? She just up and disappeared one day.
On that subject, is there anyone worse than me? I mean, I appear for a day, and disappear for a year. no, not even that, I'm completely random, the only rule is that I'm mostly off.

I've been here long enough to see people come and go. When people like Sexy leave, it's really felt around the boards.
Was wondering about him...what happened? He was the agent provocateur in charge here.

And I agree, it's not the same, he had the greatest impact.

I haven't logged on for a bit myself, but seeing Camo and SC with the wiped profiles is pretty upsetting. I know I won't enjoy this place nearly as much without those two posting- as well as Nostro.
so,can I ask here really what happened?

I agree. you're practically unnoticeable
What I find interesting here is that I haven't the faintest idea who the mods are aside from Yoda though I believe there are some. Moderators on some other forums can be such a pain in the bum. It's like they have a tiny bit of power and are desperate not to lose it.

There are a few others, though we have a couple that are more or less de facto emeritus mods. The ones most likely to be online if you run into any issues are Tacitus and Sedai.