Climate Change/Global Warming Question

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not sure if its fascinating. Maybe its a little fascinating how easy it is to get folks to believe that this stuff isn't even real. I mean, take the op's question. He's talking about something that is already happening at unprecedented levels, like its something that might happen somewhere down the line. The science is already out there. You can find it easily.
I've never understood why people dont believe it. I first heard about global warming, hole in the ozone etc when I was a little kid, and that sure wasnt yesterday.

You can find it easily.
This is the only part i found puzzling. It's not difficult to find the answers online yourself i don't think.

I do find it hard to stick by the answers personally because it's not something i've looked into. I get annoyed at all of the nutjobs who parrot disproven things about 9/11 or whatever and debate experts on said disproven points, so i think it'd be very hypocritical of me to do the same with something i don't have a grasp on.

The cure for this is reading more about it of course.

Yes of course. But if you prefer to watch it, try this guy's line of videos.

He's been on youtube for a long time. His name on youtube is potholer54. Go ahead and watch. This is all science that is readily available in peer reviewed scientific journals. Actual scientists have been talking and studying climate change for a very long time.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
What a great speaker. Thanks for posting, PW!

This is all science that is readily available in peer reviewed scientific journals. Actual scientists have been talking and studying climate change for a very long time.
Yeah, i think you misunderstand me/aren't familiar with my posts if you think i'm anywhere near denying climate change/denying humans role in climate change. I'm just not comfortable having a strong opinion on something i've not looked into; i mean something i could back up with my knowledge on the subject.

Global Warming is not something i could back up if someone asked me about it so i don't feel it's right to pretend like it's part of my worldview.

Obviously i should change that by reading and watching more about it.

Yeah, i think you misunderstand me/aren't familiar with my posts if you think i'm anywhere near denying climate change/denying humans role in climate change. I'm just not comfortable having a strong opinion on something i've not looked into; i mean something i could back up with my knowledge on the subject.

Global Warming is not something i could back up if someone asked me about it so i don't feel it's right to pretend like it's part of my worldview.

Obviously i should change that by reading and watching more about it.

No worries. I just post. I am done trying to "tell" people sh*t. If I'm talking right to you I'll usually try to quote ya or pm ya or whatever.

Probably one of my favorite things about being alive right now is that I don't even have to pretend I'm smart anymore. I can just watch videos put together by actual smart people and if I can't find fault with their data, I just move on to the next thing. Science is pretty cool like that.