Name the Director

Tools    

One of my favorite movies.

Whose turn is it? I'm really enjoying this game and hate to see it stalled.
I don't know who's turn it is, but...could we please follow the example of Scarlet Lion and post several gifs from a director in one post? If we just post one gif then it becomes a game much like guess the film from the screen shot. However with several gifs from different movies, it gives players more of a chance of knowing at least one of the gifs.

I don't know who's turn it is, but...could we please follow the example of Scarlet Lion and post several gifs from a director in one post? If we just post one gif then it becomes a game much like guess the film from the screen shot. However with several gifs from different movies, it gives players more of a chance of knowing at least one of the gifs.
I agree with you there.

Michael Curtiz
(White Christmas, The Comancheros, and Mildred Pierce)

I'll take a turn...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

It is John Badham.

From the top down:
Point of No Return
Blue Thunder
WarGames
The Hard Way
Bird on a Wire
American Flyers
Whose Life Is It, Anyway?
Saturday Night Fever

That is a young Michael Madsen from the opening scene of WarGames in the picture above. Other John Badham movies not pictured include Short Circuit, Stakeout, Another Stakeout, Nick of Time, the Frank Langella Dracula, and The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings.