How to write a screen play....

Tools    

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
But I understand.
I'm planning on thinking myself an idiot once a month.
If I didn't know you, I'd call that sarcasm.

Oh well, you must be learning something, or else you'd still be saying, "ba-ba". Unless...You're not still saying, "Ba-Ba" are you? Oh wait, you had to learn that first. ~sigh~
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Now With Moveable Parts
FilmFreak:

Here's what I wanted to say before I got caught up in that whirlwind with Mattly:

I've always enjoyed and have a passion for, the written word; be it fiction, fantasy, non-fiction, articles, reviews, and on and on...
with all forms of art, a true appreciater of it, somewhere along the line wants to make an effort at a contribution.
Music lovers often take up lessons, voice, guitar...or other wise.
Lovers of acting often take acting lessons and classes...
People who love to read, often want to write.
Take some classes. Find someone who's been published.
You CAN learn to write. Maybe after you unearth the technical side of writing, format...grammer...style...
you will be greatness. I wouldn't listen to anyone who tells you it'll will be an uphill struggle all the way and being great in a field is rare, because it might very well be, but if you love it...who cares, right? I think LordSlatan was absolutely right: Patience is indeed, a powerful virtue.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I think LordSlatan was absolutely right: Patience is indeed, a powerful virtue.
Damn, Shux, golly Gee Whiz Shux Darn
twernt nuttin' mamn

I'm arguing a point for the sake of arguing. I think you can improve upon the creative side of writing by doing certain things; I just don't believe you can learn that side of writing. And I do believe it's rare to be truly great and rarer to be a genius.

...but if you love it...who cares, right?
Exactly.

Now With Moveable Parts
I imagine a very cartoonish LordSlaytan (Brian, right?) shuffling his feet and kicking small pepples.

I think the way you spoke about this subject was right on, though...all jokes aside.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I imagine a very cartoonish LordSlaytan (Brian, right?) shuffling his feet and kicking small pepples.

I think the way you spoke about this subject was right on, though...all jokes aside.
Why thank you very much. BTW, I am shuffling my feet, but I'm just raising the danders on my plush carpet. Hey, what the hell is that?

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by LordSlaytan

BTW, I am shuffling my feet, but I'm just raising the danders on my plush carpet. Hey, what the hell is that?
Ummm....what the hell is what? Danders? I think it's pet flakes. Not to be confused with Sadie Puffs.

Now With Moveable Parts
Right...
uh huh.

A novel adaptation.
Hey, wait....

I was wondering why Sadies Puffs had an extreme hallucinatory effect on me.

Yum yum, Sadies Puffs , now with special acid flakes!

GET "EM OFF ME!!! GET "EM OFF ME!!! ooooohhhhhh cookies and grubs, me likie....ZZZZzzzzz

You got what you wanted out of it though, no?
yup, a headache and people screamin at each other

Now I know why I liek it here, it reminds me of home. watch what you say cause the littlest thing will get you bitched at.....

seriously yes, the timeline thing helped.

Is it "ethical" to take a work of nonfiction and use certain elements of that to make a work of fiction? The begining is VERY similar to true life. Should I put like "Based on actual events" or something, or can I just leave it?
please dont scream at me I am just asking

Originally posted by LordSlaytan

I had a miserable childhood. Between the ages of 12-17, I lived on the streets and spent time in jail
My youth was a disaster as well, parents divorced very young, mom never there, Dad married more then a few times, kicked out and on my own at 16, throw in a few murdered girls in the family, I was pretty fu**ed up though I finished highschool, I was in and out of rehab more then I care to say.

I really appreciate you sharing your experiances. It lets me know I am not the only person out there like me.. ya know? Really, I thank you.

Is it "ethical" to take a work of nonfiction and use certain elements of that to make a work of fiction? The begining is VERY similar to true life. Should I put like "Based on actual events" or something, or can I just leave it?
Just leave it.

People are literally going to be able to take conversations from my novel and say, 'hey, wait a minute, that's me...'

But I'm still calling it a work of fiction.
Inspiration isn't fact. Or at least, that's what I'm telling people.

People are literally going to be able to take conversations from my novel and say, 'hey, wait a minute, that's me...'
"People" already have.

Heh heh heh.

Funny that the section of the book based on one of our conversations is much like this thread of discussion in argument matter...

A novel adaptation.
An excerpt fom Matt's Book

I said,

Just leave it.

and then Chris said,

"People" already have.

and then I said

Heh heh heh.

Funny that the section of the book based on one of our conversations is much like this thread of discussion in argument matter...
Shortly after, Al added...

An excerpt fom Matt's Book

I said,

Just leave it.

and then Chris said,

"People" already have.

and then I said

Heh heh heh.

Shortly after, Al added...

Levels upon levels, man.

A novel adaptation.
Yeah, well you're probably just intimidated by my vastly superior wit.

A novel adaptation.
Sure, should I start another huge argument? Or would you like the honour?