Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Excellent movie. Jake amazing in his transformation.

Good movie. Unusual story.

Love Joaquin, but a very strange movie.

Rewatch. Ed Burns never did anything as good as this, his first movie.

Never heard of Chuck Wepner, but didn’t matter. Liev Schreiber so good. Naomi Watts unrecognizable.

Drugstore Cowboy 1989
★★★★ Watched 22 Oct, 2018

Bob Hughes' farcical vision quest is told in a calming rasp. The camera is stuck in the present, but like memories, there's an assuring wisdom lent to their interpretation. At points, it has the trappings of something you'd expect from the Coens or PTA or Tarantino, but Van Sant never strains to entertain his audience as they do. He's not interested in being a showman, and the experience is all the more intimate for it.
I agree with you. The film is very watchable, entertaining, well put together, and features a great part for the redoubtable William S. Burroughs (the Beatnik era druggie).

~Doc

Mandy (2018)

And when I though that was impossible to make a good movie, that appeal to all types, Panos Cosmatos make a 80's gonzo terror movie with Nicolas Cage and the Iceland music genius Jóhann Jóhannsson with a 'metal opera' that slowly increases until the peak with a intense astonishing violence. In a perfect world the picture director would win an Óscar and Nicolas Cage would be nominated. For a long-long time I didn't had the felling of money well spent after watching a film on the big screen. I'm happy.

The Wrestler (2008)

I remember the first time I saw the trailer of this movie on TV, I though I didn't had one particular logical reason to see it, so I didn't. I didn't like wrestling, I didn't like bodybuilding and all the cultivation thing, I didn't like 80's rock music, I didn't like how Mickey Rourke decided to make is carrear, I didn't really follow Darren Aronofsky very much, like I said I didn't had one particular reason to watch this movie. Two years ago this movie was on TV and I decided to watch it. If I tell you this movie became one of my personal favorite movies of all time, you will say I don't understand anything about movies and I registered in the wrong forum. What turns out to be so appealing about this movie is that I can relate in the aspects of the insignificance of a human being and his struggle for survival and acceptance in the every day life. Is not a struggle for me, I embrace it anyhow, like Randy embraced in the end of the movie.

Everyone is my friend unless proven otherwise
Warm Bodies 6.9/10
It doesn’t care whether it’s soon or it’s too late
Don’t be afraid if your heart wakes up from an old dream
My be God has written your story from the beginning. Ehsan khaje Amiri

Contratiempo (2016, Oriol Paulo)

This started out fine, and I was invested in the story but then gradually the twists started piling on, and that's where it went downhill for me. The overbearing intent to smack the viewer over his head with as much plot trickery as one could possibly come up with overshadowed the story to the point where the whole thing was basically reduced to an exercise in how to 'gotcha' the viewer in the most mindbendingly brilliant way possible.

Definitely a fun ride - just a little bit too clever for its own good.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Killer Kate!
: A bachelorette party brings two estranged sisters back together. However, when a family of amateur killers surround the remote cabin the party is being held at, one of the estranged sisters leads an all-out attack to protect her sister and friends from the group. This is a meshing of emotional Lifetime drama and B-movie cult horror film from Elliot Feld, making his feature film debut with his wife, Alexandra Feld, as the titular Killer Kate! Fun 80-minute ride of a film.

Welcome to the human race...
Leatherface -

Trying to determine if this is a better or worse backstory than the one Rob Zombie gave to Michael Myers.

Leave No Trace (2018)

-

A man (Ben Foster) and his daughter live in the woods by choice. They get spotted, temporarily split up (probably by Trump), and then get set up to make a life for themselves. Dad can't handle it so he brings his daughter back to the woods. I feel like I've seen a few movies like this recently in which a tree hugging father wants his family to live off the grid. I have more agitation towards these types of people, but in this case the dad has problems adapting, apparently suffering from PTSD. He's a sympathetic character. Of course, so is the daughter who needs a normal life. All my wife cared about was her period. The whole movie I had to listen to what is she going to do when she gets her period, and what kind of women's products does she have access to. Anyway, I don't think there's a whole lot to it as it reminded me of a TV movie of the week. Fortunately, I thought it was very well done and probably about as good as it could have been.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Leave No Trace (2018)

-

A man (Ben Foster) and his daughter live in the woods by choice. They get spotted, temporarily split up (probably by Trump), and then get set up to make a life for themselves. Dad can't handle it so he brings his daughter back to the woods. I feel like I've seen a few movies like this recently in which a tree hugging father wants his family to live off the grid. I have more agitation towards these types of people, but in this case the dad has problems adapting, apparently suffering from PTSD. He's a sympathetic character. Of course, so is the daughter who needs a normal life. All my wife cared about was her period. The whole movie I had to listen to what is she going to do when she gets her period, and what kind of women's products does she have access to. Anyway, I don't think there's a whole lot to it as it reminded me of a TV movie of the week. Fortunately, I thought it was very well done and probably about as good as it could have been.

Your wife has a point. What if there's a bear? The bear could be attracted to the period. Very dangerous getting your period in the woods.