Mr. and Mrs. Gummo to be

Tools    

My boyfriend and I have decided to announce our engagement . To make this official, tomorrow we are going shopping for matching engagement rings.

We aren't too sure when the big day will be, but we suspect it will be within the next 2-3 years. Why so far away? Money!!! We want to pay for the wedding ourselves. We have had the wedding planned out for the past 3 years and we know approximately how much it will cost. It's not nearly as much as many weddings, and it's not as glamorous as many weddings. We want it to take place at a campsite, among nature, a river, bonfire, etc. The reception and the wedding will all take place there and people can spend the night at the campground. There will be swimming and drinking and lots of food. We want our friends to be a part of the wedding. Some, who are in bands will perform, Jason and I will put together a bunch of mixed CD's and all we need is for someone to change the disks every once and awhile. It will be very simple, but the kind of wedding where everyone feels comfortable. We don't want people to dress up...of course I know everyone will. I want to wear a Victorian wedding gown and Jason will wear a Victorian tuxedo. There is a place that sells these as costumes just across the street!!! lol.

Anyway, so I just wanted to officially announce our engagement and I'll show you all pictures of the rings when we get them!

Congratulations, Gummo. And yes, please do post pictures along the way!

Don't think we've ever had anyone announce a wedding on MoFo before. And here I thought I'd seen everything.

Congratulations Gummo and Jason. Yaaaay!!

Here comes the bride, all dressed in white.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Congrats to Jason, who is getting a marvellous mate.
And good for you, Gummo!!
I hope the wedding is amazing - it sounds like you'll have all the elements in place. I will burn the appropriate candles for you both.
yyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Congratulations Sarah! Jason is one lucky guy… Your wedding plans sound really cool... If I ever get married (which I highly doubt), I'd rather it be outside and very informal. Can't wait to see your rings…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Congrats! May joy bring to you and Jason.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Congratulations S!

You'll have to excuse me as I get quite tearful at weddings. Nothing to do with emotion, you understand, just chronic hay fever brought on by all those flowers.

Still, my faux sensitive side helps me to crack on to the bridesmaids.

A system of cells interlinked
Wow...

Congrats!

Thanks everyone!

lol we feel dumb! We forgot it is easter Monday and the jewelry store is closed. So now we are going tomorrow instead! Oh well. Now I have no excuse to not study for exams today.

Sounds like a fun wedding. Congrats.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Put me in your pocket...

Wow...Congratulations!~
That's wonderful news! Thanks for sharing your news and plans Gummo. Congrats again.
I wish you and your fiance much happiness.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Congratulations, Gummo!! :-) That kind of wedding sounds really nice, the kind I would feel very relaxed at. I'm sure everyone will have a great time and that it will be a fantastic night for you and Jason. Good luck with everything, the wedding and the rest of your lives, and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics from the great party!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Thanks Bobby, Pimpy, Aniko and Piddy!

We have decided that the summer of 2010 is when we'll have the wedding...3 years from now. I will be 30, he will be 39. I will be into my career (hopefully) and we will have enough time to get everything in place. All we've been doing for the past few days is discussing wedding stuff! We've been looking at wedding dresses and tuxedos online! This is all very exciting! I never realized how girly I am until now lol.

Lets put a smile on that block
Congratumalations Gummo! Thats so good! We need a photo and journal entry documenting this every step of the way!

Now if only i could find someone to marry me...whether theyw ant to or not, i will get them....oh yes.

Blibs, you'll hook a fish sooner or later If not, you can always go buy one...just teasing. But seriously, anybody would be lucky to get you as a mate. Your sense of humor alone is enough to get a date with a great funloving kind of person.

----

Well, Jason and I have been looking for a few days now for the right rings for us. This is hard work! We've looked online, in stores and everything and it is just so hard to decide on just one special ring!

For myself I have narrowed my choices down all the way to a black onyx engagement ring, preferably titanium, but I have a feeling I will only find gold, white gold or silver. I need to be careful with what I get, it has to be real gold or titanium because my skin currodes metal lol. Jason wants a two toned titanium and silver (or white gold) ring.

Now we just need to find the ones we want. This is very time consuming! I am quite picky about my jewelry; especially if it is something I will be wearing for the rest of my life. I want it to be practical in all situations. I want a ring that won't look odd when I wear sweats and one that will look beautiful when I dress up all nice. This is why diamonds, pearls and flashy, bright gemstones are out of the question. Onyx has that practical, yet elegant look.

Here is some pictures of the kind of ring I am talking about.

I like the oval ones:
http://www.jewelsforme.com/itemlist-...n=0&gemtype=BO

and the square ones:
http://www.jewelsforme.com/itemlist-...1&Shape=square

and the emerald-cut:
http://www.jewelsforme.com/itemlist-...pe=emerald-cut

Decisions decisions...