Not Sleeping for 48 Hours - Can I Do It?

Tools    

I've gone without sleep many times during my residency and really hope I never have to do it again... i love to sleep.... what was i thinking when i chose medicine?!

Staying awake for 48 hours gives me the same feeling as coming down from alcohol. it's very unpleasant and something i would never want to do again!

Is this still happening? Keep us posted man, if only so we can watch the spectacle. I say you tap out after 32 hours or so! Yeah, you heard me.

Anyway, when I was a bit younger I used to get by on a few hours of sleep a night. I was tired, sure, but once I got 8 hours or more again, I snapped right back to normal. My energy level was basically dependent on how much sleep I'd gotten the previous night.

Not anymore. Now, my energy level seems to be the product of my average night's sleep over the last couple weeks. I can't make up for a lack of sleep in one night anymore; I have to catch up a bit more consistently. There's no rhyme or reason to the sleepiness, either; often on weekends I'll sleep in until noon or so, and still get kinda tired around 8 or 9. Probably has something to do with my weird eating schedule.

Is this still happening? Keep us posted man, if only so we can watch the spectacle. I say you tap out after 32 hours or so! Yeah, you heard me.
Yeah kid, when is this happening? I say for every 30 minutes, to an hour, you have to say, "Hey!" in the shout-box. Just so we know you are still kicking. Let me know when this is on, and we'll see who out lasts who. What you need, is a little motivation. I mean, I'm old. Surely you can outlast me!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Now this is getting interesting. I'm betting he falls asleep between the 28th and 29th hour.

There's no rhyme or reason to the sleepiness, either; often on weekends I'll sleep in until noon or so, and still get kinda tired around 8 or 9. Probably has something to do with my weird eating schedule
I'm the same way. It probably has to do more with weird sleep schedules. They say to get the best benefits from sleep you should go to sleep and wake up the same time every day. I couldn't do that if I wanted to.

I have a slight insomnia that comes and goes every couple of days... its ****** I know, but I have had it all my life,

so I am saying you shouldnt have any problem staying up for a few days?

The King of Movies
Great. I'll probably get blamed when the police find this thread after this guy snaps and shoots 12 people.

I've gone maybe 30 hours. After that I felt like I'd been drugged.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The King of Movies
I have tryed staying up as long as i could many times - in all of those orcurences i was pissed off and felt like crap.

Here is what happend last time i tried.

7:00am: Wake up go to school.
6:00pm: Have dinner
11:00pm Start feeling tired as it is my normall bed time so i drink some energy drink
6:00am: After spending all night watching movies, im now watching Harold and Kumar, when i nearly kill my DVD player after the disk scratchs.
7;00am: Have breakfast
7:30am: Get pissed at my dad for no real reason
7:40am: Get pissed off about stuff in generall.
8:00am: To pissed off to continue my day i decide to go to bed.
6:00pm: Wake up and have dinner all happy.

I am going to try and stay on MovieForums starting midnight sometime this month . . .
I just noticed that you said sometime this month. You only have 12 days left, and you'll need two of those for your awake time. You best get crackin', kid!

Why would you take melatonin? I was taking melatonin every night for the past two months - that stuff makes you sleepier. I don't think you'll last taking melatonin... drink lots of Coke instead.
Probably because he's trying to beat "the system".