The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

We day/offers would like to see the next two also.
I'm sure Yoda will be on soon to put up the next two movies, yea it's late but probably got caught up doing something

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Are we doing it at the weekend too?

• 75 points
  • 5 lists
90. Harold and Maude

Director

Hal Ashby, 1971

Starring

Ruth Gordon, Bud Cort, Vivian Pickles, Cyril Cusack

• 75 points
  • 5 lists
89. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Director

Steven Spielberg, 1982

Starring

Henry Thomas, Drew Barrymore, Robert MacNaughton, Peter Coyote

I think I get put off from ET down to Christmas fatigue.

It gets played in the UK every year, repeatedly, over and over again, repeatedly, again and again, repeatedly... every Christmas.
Repeatedly.

Good film, but a little tiring when the BBC won't let go of what was a 1980s/1990s traditional Christmas viewing schedule.

Love Harold and Maude but it didn't make my list.

I don't like E.T. as much as everyone else does, but I LOVE the soundtrack.

That piece of music towards the end just tugs on my heartstrings.

Seen only ET, saw it a very long time ago, I didn't care much about the movie really. can't wait for the hints for the next 2 movies

Awesome, Yoda couldn't help himself with that hint.

I am pleased to see both although I didn't vote for either. Definitely a trend starting for me in this list.

ET is a movie I saw a bunch as a kid and kind of dismissed in my adult life. When coming to Mofo I decided to rewatch and it holds up so well. I think it's the best instincts of Spielberg. It's a chase between this and Schindler for my favorite from him.

I saw Harold And Maude in college and I just think it was too quirky for young Sean. I have seen it twice since and I find it sweet and hilarious. Definitely feels like a big influence on my second favorite Anderson. It's a 4/5 for me, so not close to my fave 100. Definitely could be in the second quarter of a top 200 though. I like it for a Mofo list.

So Mofo starting to agree I was correct, we aren't seeing any Marvel movies are we?

Everyone guessed E.T. and no one guessed Maude.

It seems to have become standard that people try to guess one of the films, but not necessarily both. Reach for the stars, MoFos. Well, I guess we don't use stars here, we use
. Reach for the popcorn works.

I liked E.T. a lot when I was a kid, but the last time I watched it I just felt like it had aged rather poorly and I didn't care for it anymore. Also, like I said, he looks like a turd with eyeballs. Not cute.

I watched Harold and Maude for the 70's countdown and while it scored pretty high on my ballot for that list, it was never in consideration for this one.

My Ballot:
5. Her (#94)
9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (#92)
25. Clay Pigeons (One-Pointers)

Never seen Harold And Maude, no particular reason it's just never been much of a priority to get round to.

Haven't seen E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial for at least a couple of decades, watched it a few times and it had a certain charm but I'd rather it remained a somewhat fond memory than see it become something of a disappointment - and I think the latter would be quite likely on a rewatch as an older (but not necessarily more mature ) adult.

Seen: 9/12 (Own: 3/12)
My list:  

Faildictions (Eternal vsn 1.0):
88. Zerkalo (1975)
87. Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (2001)

Welcome to the human race...
E.T has always been kind of a mixed bag for me and I've never truly given in to its apparent charms, though I don't think I could ever say that I hate it. Harold and Maude has cracked my top 100 twice, but I feel like it might not make it a third time even though I'd still consider it a good (if not great) film. Obviously, I didn't vote for either of them.

Finally hit one off my list! The '70s are my favorite decade for film, and music for that matter. Not your run-of-the-mill rom-com. Much more dark and heavy handed, with just a touch of sweetness sprinkled about. Definitely one of my favorite black comedies within my favorite film genre.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

11/13 seen
1/7 on clues
1/25 off list

#22 Harold & Maude (4 pts - #90)

I figured this would probably happen but I thought of a movie I could/should have included in my Top 25. Badlands. And I just watched First Cow and liked it so much that it at least deserved consideration.
Yay, another one who loved First Cow!