No Man's Sky

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Yeah, there is need

---

I really want to find one of these...

(And to have the performance to actually fly like that without the world falling to pieces :/)

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, there is need

---

I really want to find one of these...

(And to have the performance to actually fly like that without the world falling to pieces :/)

The planet I posted a screenie of the other night is almost as weird. Also, it has exactly one creature on it. Not sure what it is, because I am only able to scan the spikes it sticks up out of the ground when it follows me around. Whatever it is, it's big!

The planet I posted a screenie of the other night is almost as weird. Also, it has exactly one creature on it. Not sure what it is, because I am only able to scan the spikes it sticks up out of the ground when it follows me around. Whatever it is, it's big!
Haha, what the hell. Guess they reintroduced sandworms

Guess you could mine the ground to reveal more of it?

(The bestiary list thing should give you a vague hint on where/when to track them. IE 'cave', 'nocturnal' etc). Although I've got 2 rare ones on my paradise planet that just say 'base' and I've seen nowt. Maybe they're insects :/

Courageous survival player hides in ship as war reporter while friend destroys multiple walkers

I have no idea why he punches the combat supplies at the end. Driven wild by the occasion I guess. Love the creature hopping merrily on the hillside

Tatty, if you're still lurking, they've added a wave goodbye

Also NPCs now chat away to each other.

I'm just here playing vicariously through y'all

It turns out fauna can be really really small...

Also this end-game ship is so daft / badass it requires spoilers

WARNING: "Fancy!" spoilers below

Oh ok, it shone through the spoilers :/

It made me realise that mounting flying squid should totally be a thing too

I landed on a planet that had tiny crab-like creatures on it, and those little ****s started just a-chompin on my ankles ever so fast. I ran and scaled a tower to get away from them. I mean!!! I fought them bravely and was victorious!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Seem to have fixed the maddening stutter problem by a simple ini edit - https://steamcommunity.com/app/27585...1537291385975/

Frames seem to be holding even on Ultra now.

Seem to have fixed the maddening stutter problem by a simple ini edit - https://steamcommunity.com/app/27585...1537291385975/

Oh my.... Will definitely try this next time I play!

I landed on a planet that had tiny crab-like creatures on it, and those little ****s started just a-chompin on my ankles ever so fast. I ran and scaled a tower to get away from them. I mean!!! I fought them bravely and was victorious!
I still remember bravely retreating to the top of my ship when some mutant arctic-fox-lizards exploded from the bushes and mobbed my ankles the second I stepped out. In my mind it's still a victory

Yeah the threading trick seems to be an 'old faithful' solution. Def gonna look into it.

--

Giant player bug is best bug...

Such a simple fix and a vast improvement. Surely with all the patching they've been doing, they could have addressed it by now?
Yeah it's been a known community fix for over a year, so does seem odd. Might be on their long list now they're on to performance fixes possibly, or has some issues we don't know about? (I know it hasn't worked for lots of people, so obviously only good for key builds). Or it's just garden variety fallibility

Such a simple fix and a vast improvement. Surely with all the patching they've been doing, they could have addressed it by now?
I thought about this on the way home for lunch. Seems like something they would plug in right away if people's frames were dropping? *Shrugs*

More performance bobbins on the way...

-Introduced a number of PC-specific VR optimisations (not yet available for Oculus).
-Reduced graphics memory usage to improve stability.
---

The fix @Tacitus mentioned definitely helped my frames smooth out. I am still having the odd glitch here and there (like falling into the planet and taking damage after I use a teleport) and I am still getting some really weird artifacts when I am flying around in space. Other than that, the game is running fairly well now.

I have established a third base at this point, which is pretty much dedicated completely to refining rare metals for a steady cash flow. I have 4 ships in my fleet, and I am just looking for a decent trade ship to round out the group.

I have a couple of cool screen shots to post, including one of a wicked hexagonal planet, but they are at home! Will get those up a bit later.

Good to see the fix worked, but even more mystified why they didn't patch it themselves - If it only helped people with very specific PC builds then fine, but I've seen it help people with vastly different PCs.

Ach all it takes is for it to have a negative performance hit on some machines and it can look like a panacea our end but a poor global fix their end. I dunno, dev hard. I'm always suspicious of calls to 'just press the easy fix button'

That said, many are describing what we're in now as essentially an unofficial beta, and that seems totally fair. Seems to be a lot of that in the GAAS world :/. Would be better if the owned it...

A sticky in the Steam discussion section would have been fine, but I had to go digging.

The console stuff is their priority, I'd say - The PS4 release sold gangbusters (and now seems stable) and I bet the Xbox one is doing good business.