Looking for the name of a black actor

Tools    

Hi, when I was young, my father decided what we could watch on tv. Mostly that were series he liked himself
So we have seen quite some westerns, detective and police series, during the 70s and 80s
Maybe around that time, in one of those series or movies there was a black actor and I thought he was beautiful. But I don't know who he is. I thought he played a policeman, but I'm not sure.
So I searched with google and if I remember correctly (don't even know if that is the case) he looks like Keith David on some photogaphs.
Like this one

Or

Both mainly because of the smile and the typical eyelids.

But on other photographs it is not so obvious so I doubt it is him. Also I looked at he movie titles he played in, but I don't remember having seen them.

Do any of you have any idea who this actor might be?

No, not Danny Glover, but thank you for your reply.

No, unfortunately not Carl either. But thank you.

The one from Hill Street Blues? Michael Warren.

I'm sorry, but it is none of the above.

No, it is not Michael Warren, but when I looked on the IMDB hill street blues page, i finally found him (after months questioning myself and searching on the internet)
It seems to be Stan Shaw!

Thank you all for helping me.

The one from Hill Street Blues? Michael Warren.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Billy Dee Williams?
She figured it out. It was Stan Shaw who may be best known for Fried Green Tomatoes, Snake Eyes, Daylight, Rising Sun, and The Monster Squad.

Wandering into this post and seeing someone that look like Keith David as a hint I remembered Monster Squad because I thought that was him in it at one point