The Matrix: Resurrections

Tools    

Is Hollywood going to do a remake of "The Matrix"?
I don't think it will ever be the same without Keanu Reeves.
Please provide source.

Public won't accept Michael B Jordan as Morpheus, its a sick joke of an idea

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Public won't accept Michael B Jordan as Morpheus, its a sick joke of an idea
Is that who they want him to play? I thought it was Neo since they originally wanted Will Smith to play that character.

Suspect's Reviews

A system of cells interlinked

It’s not a remake anymore. It’s a sequel that will star Keanu Reeves.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...ana-wachowski/
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

You ready? You look ready.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You ready? You look ready.
Little concerned that just one Wachowski is on board. How do we know if this one is the Simon and not the Garfunkel?
I’m not concerned. They are both equally talented in their own rights. I think it’s why Reloaded and Revolutions was a mess. Two much push and pull with the nonsense. I’m addicted to this franchise regardless so I say bring it on.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I've been thinking in recent years that they might do this with Keanu given the success of John Wick.

Questions arise about Morpheus, where is he? Also Trinity is dead, but there's no reason they (the machines) can't recreate a faux Trinity, perhaps as a system of control to keep Neo from causing trouble again.

Very excited! More Matrix less real world this time thanks.

Don't please, don't messup Matrix. The movie is good as it this. I'm sure they will gonna ruin this name if they do a remake of it.

Keanu Reeves says ‘The Matrix 4’ will be an “inspiring love story”.
The actor is currently filming the reboot in Berlin.

“We have a wonderful director, Lana Wachowski, and she has written a beautiful script that is a love story, it’s inspiring,” he explained.

“It’s another version, a call to wake up and it has some great action. All will be revealed.”

Questioned on whether the film would be a prequel to the trilogy, Reeves responded: “No, no. No going in the past.”

Meanwhile, Laurence Fishburne recently revealed that he’s “not been invited” to reprise his role of Morpheus for the reboot, adding: “I wish them well. I hope it’s great.”

Keanu Reeves will return in the starring role as Neo, with Carrie-Anne Moss once again playing Trinity.

Also confirmed to be on board for the new film is Aquaman, The Greatest Showman and Watchmen star Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. As Variety reports, the actor, who also appeared in the Striking Vipers episode of Black Mirror), will play a “lead role” in the film, with some speculating that he will portray a young Morpheus.

Another name that’s been revealed for the Matrix 4 cast is How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris. The actor’s specific role is being kept under wraps, but is said to be “significant”.

Another name also in contention is Jada Pinkett Smith, who would return for the role of Niobe, who she played in The Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions.

One actor is confirmed to not be returning for the sequel, though. Hugo Weaving, who portrayed Agent Smith in the first three films, recently announced that he will not be featuring since the filming clashed with his starring role in the theatre production of The Visit.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
[i]Keanu Reeves says ‘The Matrix 4’ will be an “inspiring love story”.
The actor is currently filming the reboot in Berlin.

“We have a wonderful director, Lana Wachowski, and she has written a beautiful script that is a love story, it’s inspiring,” he explained.

“It’s another version, a call to wake up and it has some great action. All will be revealed.”

Questioned on whether the film would be a prequel to the trilogy, Reeves responded: “No, no. No going in the past.”

Meanwhile, Laurence Fishburne recently revealed that he’s “not been invited” to reprise his role of Morpheus for the reboot, adding: “I wish them well. I hope it’s great.”
What the heck? That's a shame, perhaps there was nowhere to take Morpheus storywise, but even a smaller leader role would have been good to see.

Seems a pointless and potentially terrible sequal/remake/whatever. The Wachowski brothers/sisters should have left it alone and used their talents on something original instead.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Ellen Hollman, Priyanka Chopra, and Christina Ricci have all joined the cast. I spoke to both Hollman and Daniel Bernhardt (who is returning as Agent Johnson) about the new film and they mention they have resorted to more physical stunts on the set but couldn't reveal much more.

Aside from Reeves and Bernhardt, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jada Pinkett-Smith, and Lambert Wilson are all returning.