2nd Animation Hall of Fame

Tools    

Well, I just may have to watch both then. Especially with Forest Whitaker voicing Ernest which is too tempting NOT to check out.

Besides enjoying things in their original language, I've been learning French this past year so there's that excitement of watching/listening to see how much I understand.
Ah, I get the draw of watching it in French then. I usually watch films in their original language, but just wasn't in the mood for subtitles the first time and then I fell in love with Forest Whitaker's voice as Ernest and kept it on the English dub for rewatches. He's pretty much the only reason why I prefer the English dub. His voice just so perfectly suits a big grouchy bear.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Ah, I get the draw of watching it in French then. I usually watch films in their original language, but just wasn't in the mood for subtitles the first time and then I fell in love with Forest Whitaker's voice as Ernestine and kept it on the English dub for rewatches. He's pretty much the only reason why I prefer the English dub. His voice just so perfectly suits a big grouchy bear.
I can totally see his voice fitting the character perfectly.

I like the English dub better, but it's up to you which one you watch.
Both times the copy I had didn't include alternate audio tracks, so I didn't even know there was a dub until I saw you talk about Forest Whitaker haha. I always like to go with the original anyway, unless explicitly told to watch a different version.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Tower

This was some super powerful filmmaking and it really took a chance that paid off in my opinion. The animation was supremely well done and it didn't cut away from what the story told us. I had heard of this event happening before but I didn't know almost the specifics behind it and this clearly showed how devastating the event was to many.

On an emotional scale, it was hard to see some of the survivors tell their side of the story. Claire Wilson is some kind of special person to be able to forgive a that happened with this event. It had to have been completely devastating to her perhaps the most of anybody. It brought me complete sadness to see that she had met with the person who helped carry her away after all these years and the story of Rita coming to check on her.

I was mostly gripped with that side of the story, but the others were equally as impactful. This was a great innovative way to tell a story such as this. Bravo to the director.

Désolé de l'apprendre.
LOL
Merci! C'est très gentil, ma chérie, mais, je ne suis pas.

Have a number of french speaking relatives from Canada and had always wanted to learn. It was hell as a kid spending a month vacation visiting family in Quebec and New Brunswick and having NO IDEA what people were saying.
Plus my mom, who is 90, is on her second stroke in the past tens years, will shift into her first language, French, so it's cool to be able to talk with her instead of simply reminding her to try to switch back to English. Which more times than not gets very hard for her.
Tried learning in high school and a number of different learning devices like Rosetta Stone and the like and just couldn't grasp it. Or rather the learning process of learning one word and the list of ways to say it then moving on to next word.
Then my roommate came across a great learning app a year ago (God bless her!) with a set up that actually works AND this muddled brain of mine retains it. lol

Have a number of french speaking relatives from Canada and had always wanted to learn. It was hell as a kid spending a month vacation visiting family in Quebec and New Brunswick and having NO IDEA what people were saying.
Well if you're learning Parisian/Standard French, then you might still have some difficulty understanding them, since Québécois can be quite different. The basics are supposedly the same though, and if you have family to practice with, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Tried learning in high school and a number of different learning devices like Rosetta Stone and the like and just couldn't grasp it. Or rather the learning process of learning one word and the list of ways to say it then moving on to next word.
Then my roommate came across a great learning app a year ago (God bless her!) with a set up that actually works AND this muddled brain of mine retains it. lol
It's good that you finally found a technique that works for you. We have mandatory French in school here, but it was taught quite differently than how I've seen other languages taught in academic settings. It was trying to be more organic and focused on vocabulary building, rather than on grammar or structure. So a lot of people had a rude awakening when they tried to take French in University and realized they couldn't put together a proper sentence on their own haha.

...., I've been learning French this past year so there's that excitement of watching/listening to see how much I understand.
I'm sure that in no time at all you'll be the crème de la menthe mon brave, mais oui, mange tout!

Well if you're learning Parisian/Standard French, then you might still have some difficulty understanding them, since Québécois can be quite different. The basics are supposedly the same though, and if you have family to practice with, I'm sure it'll be fine.
That's what got me to give up on it in high school. I'd shake my head and tell them, "No, that's not how you say that. That's wrong too." And realized it was pointless to learn Parisian French since my relatives would simply chuckle and tease me for not speaking French/Canadian correctly.
So I blew it off and took what should of been a failing mark but I had a crush on the teacher who was only about five years older and I kept the other students in line, so she gave me a D- instead of an F.
And now, at this point, I just want to learn French, regardless, so. . .

It's good that you finally found a technique that works for you. We have mandatory French in school here, but it was taught quite differently than how I've seen other languages taught in academic settings. It was trying to be more organic and focused on vocabulary building, rather than on grammar or structure. So a lot of people had a rude awakening when they tried to take French in University and realized they couldn't put together a proper sentence on their own haha.
This app has a lot of that organic feel while ALSO showing you how to speak, read and write grammatically as well as getting you to go back and practice as well as learn new words.

Oh fromage frais! I do hope you feel better tomorrow.

For a film called the Sword in the Stone, it really doesn't have much to do with it; It's mostly about a wizard named Merlin teaching a boy named Arthur about growing up. I guess old Disney films love having weird plot and pacing issues. What I found weird was that they introduced a conflict in the last minute of the film (of Arthur not being ready to be a king) and they don't really solve it? Merlin just says 'They'll write books about you'.

Anyways the animation is great, I loved all the movements and the slapstick. The characters were fun. The songs were alright. There were some amazing scenes like the duel scene and the squirrel scene. I noticed that some pieces of animation were re-used, which I feel broke the immersion.

Cute film @rauldc14

I noticed that some pieces of animation were re-used, which I feel broke the immersion.
Disney did a LOT of that during the '50s through the 70s. Secondary characters that repeated in different films whose only difference was what they wore. It's a corner cutter.

Disney did a LOT of that during the '50s through the 70s. Secondary characters that repeated in different films whose only difference was what they wore. It's a corner cutter.
Yeah I remember watching a video about that.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Your Name

This one has me right in the middle of how to feel about it. First off the films animation is completely gorgeous. Those sky views are pretty break taking from an animation standpoint and then the attention to detail with everything is really elegant. I also like the buildup of the characters and the characters themselves seem interesting and worth following.

The story is what makes me waffle back and forth on how much I like the film versus how much I just appreciate it. The swapping bodies parts can at times be both confusing and a little bit of a nuisance. I admittedly didn't even know at times that they were in swapping mode, which was a bummer as I wasn't able to connect fully to what was actually happening. I think the dialogue is fairly standard but it's easy to follow.

I don't have a lot much more else to say but I didn't feel any different after the second watch then I did the first time. Overall I forgot a lot of what happened in the film after the first watch and I can see that happening after this one. Just not all too memorable for me.

Now, a mad search for Cowboy Bebop and Ernest and Celestine
Got lucky last week and found another link for Cowboy Bebop and sent the link in Comments.

If anyone else needs it, let me know.

I just finished rewatching Cowboy Bebop, but probably won't write anything about it until tomorrow. In the meantime though, I have an irrelevant question.

What is "hanking"? Is it a verb or some slang I've never heard before, or was this sign just some poor Engrish?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	bebop.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	56865