Halloween Reboot

Tools    

So, John Carpenter, who's producing the reboot, revealed today that David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are helming this reboot.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I think at the very least it'll be interesting. What do you guys think?

http://www.slashfilm.com/david-gordo...lloween-movie/

Danny McBride is hilarious... but for a Halloween reboot I don't know...

I think I am hopeful, too, Sexy. I have always been a fan of unconventional choices like this, because it often leads to interesting results. I'm not fussed about either of these guys, I don't think they're untalented necessarily, and overall it just feels like a breath of life into a dying franchise. Maybe it will give it some pizazz. I imagine Carpenter has talked with them about it, so I don't think it was a blind decision to let them helm it.

Oh wow, I didn't realize John might do the music. YES!!!!

That also shows he's really enthusiastic about their vision - a good sign.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I feel like Carpenter tells it like it is, he's a no BS kinda dude and if he's excited for it then count me in.

Suspect's Reviews

So, John Carpenter, who's producing the reboot, revealed today that David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are helming this reboot.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I think at the very least it'll be interesting. What do you guys think?

http://www.slashfilm.com/david-gordo...lloween-movie/
While I kind of liked Rob Zombies take on the first Halloween, his second was such a mess it might have just been Season of the Witch as disconnected as it felt from the roots of the series. A Michael Meyers who just wanders the countryside without the iconic mask just being a crazed hippie drifter?

It morphed from Halloween to just some generic slasher film. Also didn't like the idea that after something traumatic like the events in Halloween, everyone just runs out, gets tats, becomes white trash and looks like they're RZ's immediate family. (Not saying tats are trash, I have some ink myself, they just all looked like they got off work from the flea market)

That being said, I'm happy the reins were handed back to the people that can do it justice.

We Make Nonsense Of Investing
I think Carpenter is creative enough to come up with something new.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
McBride revealed he is a lifelong horror fan and he is appearing in Alien:Covenant. Hell, if Jordan Peele can do a horror film (Get Out), and with Carpenter getting his input in the film, this brings optimism for me.

Welcome to the human race...
I think Carpenter is creative enough to come up with something new.
I'm not so optimistic. Carpenter's made great movies, but a quick look at his career over the last 20 years or so is a pretty clear indication that he's not about to bust out something on the level of the original Halloween anytime soon. Even he seems to be aware of this.

Or they can just make Halloween 3, the film we never got. I definitely can't wait for the reboot though. Michael Myers is my favorite slasher.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Or they can just make Halloween 3, the film we never got. I definitely can't wait for the reboot though. Michael Myers is my favorite slasher.
Danny McBride went on to say that the film is gearing up to be the actual Halloween 3, as the film will be set after Carpenter's first two films.
“You know, it’s not a remake. It’s actually, it’s gonna continue the story of Michael Myers in a really grounded way. And for our mythology, we’re focusing mainly in the first two movies and what that sets up and then where the story can go from there.
Green and I are definitely going to [do] a straight-up horror. Halloween has always been one of my favorite movies of all time. There’s a simplicity and an efficiency to that first one that I think allows the movies just to be scary as hell. And so Green and I, our approach is to get back to that.”

Not really a McBride fan, but I'm assuming he's playing Michael, so that should be a side of him we've never seen.

If it's David Gordon Green in early career mode (All The Real Girls, George Washington, Snow Angels) then I'll be interested. He's a very good director when he wants to be.

Assassination Nation- (3/4)
Mandy- (3.5/4)

So, are they retroactively aborting Halloween 3+?

That was what that dungus Blomkamp was going to do with his Alien movie, completely retcon Alien 3.