Did you like Halloween III: Season Of The Witch???

Tools    

Did you like Halloween III: Season Of The Witch?
46.67%
7 votes
YES
53.33%
8 votes
NO
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Welcome to the human race...
Clicked on the thread and though "Oh ****, someone is going to post the song, and then it will be stuck in my head for days..."

Screen immediately jumps to this post...

"DAMMIT!"

SEASON OF THE BUMP

Yes, I did. It was a unique spin on a clichéd franchise and genre.

61 more days to halloween, halloween , halloween 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃

61 more days to halloween, halloween , halloween 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃

Take one down, pass it around, 60 thousand bugs in your face and the wall.

There was one good thing about this movie, just one! It wasnt even the movie itself but the audience I saw it with. This is a true story. Everyone in the theater was groaning thru this flat turd, except this one black chick. Whenever a supposed "scary scene" would occur, she would belt out in a loud hysterical scream and scare the hell out of everyone in the audience. More than halfway thru the film, we knew she was gonna do it, but there would be a slight pause after the "scary scene" then she'd shriek she would still scare us all anyway. Afterwards everyone would laugh. It just went on and on that way, she never screamed the same way twice. Truly a once in a lifetime experience. I dont know who she was, but thank you black chick for being the only memorable thing about this film.

Thoughts on how the score to this one compares to others in the series? It was always one of my favorite aspects of the movie.

Welcome to the human race...
I like it. Can't really go wrong with a Carpenter score and you can tell he's aiming for something that's at once different but familiar in keeping with his vision for the franchise.

I get that some people aren't going to like Season of the Witch. It's far from some god-tier horror movie. And there are fair criticisms to be made of it, outside of the tired whining that there isn't any Michael Myers.

But, it's always beyond disappointing when a movie like this, which has loads of personality and takes chances, somehow gets singled out as being some kind of egregiously awful film when nearly the whole franchise is one egregiously awful film after another. And not any one of those do a single thing to distinguish themselves as anything more than a faded reproduction of the original. No heart. No personality. No soul. True wastes of time. And yet, somehow, Season of the Witch is the one that gets singled out for its badness? Lol. Whatever.

Even if we were to collectively agree that Part 3 was a failure (which I don't, but for the sake of the argument let's say it does), at least it failed trying to do something. At least I can remember what it is. At least it wasn't so creatively cowardly to slink into the background and be forgotten like all the films that came after. All those terrible movies that still managed to fail without having even the slightest ambitions, and we're all clearly worse than Part 3, but somehow get a pass because...they succeeded at being nothing?

Ok that did it. I'm writing a screenplay. If it ever gets sold and made into a film then someone can post how awful it is. Such is the circle of life.

Let's be honest. It is an objectively bad film. However, it is fun. Moreover, the idea was cool. It was a deviation from remaking the last movie. It was, "Let's make the franchise a sort of extended anthology." Instead of the DCEU or "Dark Universe," we could have had a sort of loose Tarantino Red Apple cigarettes-verse of horror movies which played with genre and theme and which, at least, offered more variety than the umpeenth outing of Freddy, Jason, or Michael slashing up unwary teenagers. No good deed goes unpunished.

Let's be honest. Basketcase is an objectively bad film. However, it is fun. Moreover, the idea was cool.

Let's be honest. Basketcase is an objectively bad film. However, it is fun. Moreover, the idea was cool.

Basketcase...

Season of the Spice