Best Russell Crowe movie

Tools    

Definitely Gladiator.

Beautiful mind I think...

Cinderella Man

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
With Russell Crowe, you have one of my most favorite actors of all-time (next to Denzel Washington that is)

This is what I think

Russell Crowe (acting)
1. A Beautiful Mind
2. L.A. Confidential
3. Cinderella Man
4. State of Play
5. American Gangster
6. Gladiator

Overall Movies
1. A Beautiful Mind
2. State of Play
3. L.A Confidential
4. Gladiator
5. American Gangster
6. Cinderella Man

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Romper Stomper
The Insider
Gladiator
American Gangster

I don't think that any of his movies made it into my top fave 100 (maybe The Insider, but I'd have to check),
but still, Crowe has a filmography that is nothing to be ashamed of.

My faves of his flix:

5. L.A. Confidential
Take a crime story out of the pages of those old detective pulp magazines from the 50's, the glamour of southern California scene back in it's heydey & mash it up with a revealingly gritty view of paparazzism, racism and corruptionism (uhmn...that's is a word, right?) along with a great cast of characters, (including a break out role from Russell Crowe) whom almost all seem to share the lead role,
& you end up with an L.A. story that comes off as tough, fresh, modern and nolstalgic, all at the same time.

4. A Beautiful Mind
I'll be honest with you guys....while "beautiful" isn't exactly the word I would use to describe my mind,
I doubt that anyone would kick it out bed for eating crackers.
Though, when I think about it,
it could probably stand to lose a few pounds.
Some lipstick probably wouldn't hurt it either.

3. Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World
It seems like these days, if the theatres aren't full of a slew of GCI-infested blockbusters, then they're trying to cash in on a flock of usually over-top horrors and/or comedies. Or they're trying to promote their every-day down-to-earth dramas.
And even if a buncha these flicks turn out to be pretty good, I usually start to feel the urge for something outside the realm of what is currently considered the standard genres that seem to occupy the majority of today's silverscreens. Master And Commander is one of those films that came into my life just when I really needed a good "period" movie shot into my system & deliver to my move-enjoying ass a brief respite from the same ol' same ol'.

2. American Gangster
A great crime drama in a time when such films have become rare without the boost of big banging shoot-em up guns blasting away.
Though based on a real story of a drug kingpin & the police detective determined to bring him down, the film goes down the path of the ever prevalent poetic licensing that these types of films tend to take, in order to focus more on the story of the rise & fall of an Amarican gangster whose distrubution of only the purest of heroin whilst eliminating the "middleman" changed the way drugs became distributed on the streets.
Denzel Washington is cool as the crimelord who sees his only option towards the American Dream is his wry combination of street-savy intellect & non-hesitant ruthlessness. Russell Crowes, though not a strech, still seemlessly tackles the part of the leader of a police task-force whose unwavering straight-edged honesty serves as both crutch & "cure" to the corrupt laden NYC precincts.
Both actors move through their respective roles with a chemistrytic ease that can only result from two artisans both comfortable & confident with their craft.

1. The Insider
Russell Crowe is the insider trying to expose the truth of the mega-business of tabacco & Al Pacino is the outsider who finds himself involunteerily pitted against the corporate politicks of the media which both men were counting on to help in the cause. Watching both actors on screen is an example of the kind of movie chemistry that can result from the combination of solid acting abilities along with the directing & writing powess of Mr. Mann. And all this without the need of any special effects or CGI, & yet a film that still provides a level of entertainment on par with that of any big budget blockerbuster.

These are the Crowe films I enjoyed the most because of his performances. Not my favorite actor but he's a solid performer:

The Insider
L.A. Confidential
A Beautiful Mind
3:10 to Yuma

The only Crowe film I truly enjoyed was Cinderella Man. In L.A. Confidential, I liked nearly all the rest of the cast better than Crowe, who I thought was the weakest link. Just not a big Crowe fan, I guess. His movies are like takeout Chinese food to me--30 minutes after consumption, I'm feeling unfulfilled and can't recall a major scene with him in it.

It is Gladiator best movie till date. But i think Gladiator 2 will be another in the list.

State of Play is my favourite Crowe-movie, but he did his best performance in Gladiator.
I agree, although i havn't seen A beautiful Mind yet. It's considered good

Till the date Gladiator . But i hope Gladiator 2 will be batter than Gladiator.

I haven't seen HEAPS of his other films but Gladiator would easily have to be the stand out.

This thread reminds me how much I like Russell Crowe. He even managed to save Robin Hood for me and that is one poorly paced and repetitive film.

1. Cinderella Man
2. L.A. Confidential
3. Gladiator
4. State of Play
5. Master and Commander

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
State of Play is extremely underrated in my opinion. The cast is fantastic and the story is well-executed.

I haven't gotten to see The Insider or Master and Commander yet, but I'll probably get around to it at some point in time.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
With Russell Crowe, you have one of my most favorite actors of all-time (next to Denzel Washington that is)

This is what I think

Russell Crowe (acting)
1. A Beautiful Mind
2. L.A. Confidential
3. Cinderella Man
4. State of Play
5. American Gangster
6. Gladiator

Overall Movies
1. A Beautiful Mind
2. State of Play
3. L.A Confidential
4. Gladiator
5. American Gangster
6. Cinderella Man
Interesting way to break it up.

Russel Crowe Acting
1. The Insider
2. Beautiful Mind
3.Master and Commander
4.Cinderella Man
5.LA confidential

Russel Crowe Movies
1.Gladiator
2.American Gangster
3.State of Play
4 LA Confidential
5 Cinderella Man

ooh!..come on guys...gladiator THE BEST!!