Gladiator!

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
LA confidential
Gladiator
The Insider
A Beautiful Mind
and for some perverse reason:
Proof of Life

Has to be Romper Stomper, I am watching it now.

Gladiator
A Beautiful Mind
LA Confidential

Here to support the villians.......
L.A. Confidential, he was great in that.

i really really liked A beautiful mind i think he is more than great in it

Man of La Movies
LA Confidential - higher on my list
Beautiful Mind - impressed me the most in his dedication to the character

A Beautiful Mind and LA Confidential...

Originally Posted by Silas
What are yere ideas:

1) Gladiator
2) A Beautiful Mind
3) The Insider
4) LA Confidential
I'd have to say that Gladiator was his best film, It's more fit for him. A beautiful mind was good also, but it's another side of crow's acting.

Originally Posted by BetterOffThread
I'd have to say that Gladiator was his best film, It's more fit for him. A beautiful mind was good also, but it's another side of crow's acting.
Crowe was born to play Maximus. Most critics probably rank The Insider as his best performance. He certainly is versatile. He can play very physical roles and more cerebral ones.

My favorites were Gladiator, LA Confidential and Cinderella Man.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

I would have to say either A Beautiful Mind or Gladiator. I personally think he was better in Gladiator, but he was also terrific in A Beautiful Mind.

L.A. Confidential is untouchable.

Thinking about Crowe in Gladiator...It's sometimes overlooked how great Joaquin Phoenix was in that movie. Without him, it's not the same. He played the young, slimy, immoral megalomaniac to perfection.

And now with Walking the Line, Phoenix is finally getting his due as one of our finest actors.

Come to think of it, the best parts in Signs (which I didn't care for that much) were when Joaquin was on the screen. And he held his own with Geoffrey Rush and Kate Winslet in Quills...no small task.

We need new blood to replace aging greats like DeNiro and Pacino. I think Joaquin Phoenix is up to the task.

District B13
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
L.A. Confidential, followed by Romper Stomper.

P.S. Gladiator sucks ass.
Every single thing quoted is 100% true.

A system of cells interlinked
LA Confidential

I never liked Gladiator, and I am a Ridley fan... Beautiful Mind was an eye roller....

District B13
Originally Posted by Sedai
LA Confidential

I never liked Gladiator, and I am a Ridley fan... Beautiful Mind was an eye roller....
Well, good work on the LA Confidential pick.

But, you manage a compliment for Ridley? And you bash a Beautiful Mind?

Might I hear your opinion on this?

Just wish to know is all.

Well obviously, I did like Gladiator. And get this, I liked Titanic too. Just because a movie is a mega million dollar blockbuster is no reason not to like it.

I know there are MoFos here who are true connoisseurs of film. Who understand the intricacies of movie making far better than me. They may see things in a movie that I don't see.

But I know what I like, dag gummit!

i think all his performances were pure definitions of Crap!