My Favorite Michael Keaton Performances

Tools    

Doug Kinney, Multiplicity

Keaton was given an opportunity to show some versatility in this Harold Ramis comedy playing a stressed-out contractor who decides the solution to helping with his stress and his marriage (to Andie McDowell) is to have himself cloned. The clone frees up so much time for Doug that he gets greedy and three more clones are created. Keaton does create four different Dougs here and #4 is kind of retarded, but I loved #2...a fussbudget/neatnick who loves to cook, a la Felix Unger.

Absolutely love him, every time I see him I'm hooked.

Looking forward to seeing the top 10, I expect Birdman to feature highly.

He was also recently in a super under rated action movie called the Protege. He was great in that as well.

The first one that comes to my mind is the movie "My Life" where he plays a lawyer fighting with cancer. I was in the same age of his character when the movie came out and it really inspired me. It's an excellent movie to watch with friends because you'll laugh and cry.

The first one that comes to my mind is the movie "My Life" where he plays a lawyer fighting with cancer. I was in the same age of his character when the movie came out and it really inspired me. It's an excellent movie to watch with friends because you'll laugh and cry.

So glad that someone saw My Life besides me. No one ever talks about it around here and it's definitely coming on this list.

Walter "Robby" Robinson, Spotlight

Keaton commanded the screen in this 2015 Best Picture winner as the head of a four member investigative reporting team beginning an in depth examination of priest molestation.

Ray Kroc, The Founder

Keaton turned in one of his most ferocious performances as Ray Kroc, the former milkshake machine salesman who meets the brothers who founded McDonald's and cons the guys out of their franchise, making it his own.

I forgot he was in the founder, another stellar performance.

Hoping for some Other Guys love.

"Don't go chasing waterfalls."
You gotta creep....creep....

I wasn't aware that he played the Batman
He played Batman in the late 80s, early 90s. They were directed by Tim Burton.

He played Batman in the late 80s, early 90s. They were directed by Tim Burton.
Oh, I don't watch old movies.

President Mackenzie, First Daughter

Keaton was the best thing about this lightweight comedy about a fictional POTUS (Keaton) trying to do what he can to provide a normal existence for his teenage daughter (Katie Holmes).
I think it's pretty cool.

Adrian Toomes/The Vulture, Spiderman Homecoming

Keaton went the Marvel movie route playing the ordinary guy with a wife and kids who, unknown to them, leaves the house to become a supervillian named The Vulture who is out take down Spiderman (Tom Holland). This was the first Marvel villian I've ever seen who had a wife and kids.
i was shocked when i saw him on morbuis credits scene

Bruce Wayne/Batman, Batman (1989)

Keaton brought a surprising intensity to the dual role of an enigmatic millionaire and his superhero alter ego who finds himself squaring off with Jack Napier AKA The Joker (Jack Nicholson).

Bob Jones, My Life

Keaton gave an unforgettable performance in one of his most forgotten films playing a man who almost simltaneously finds out that he is going to be a father and that he's dying from a terminal disease.

Carter Hayes, Pacific Heights

Keaton was bone-chilling in this contemporary thriller playing a dangerous psychopath who cons a couple (Matthew Modine, Melanie Griffith) into renting him an apartment without paying a dime of rent and then terrorizes the couple.

Ray Nicolette, Jackie Brown

Keaton gave a standout performance in this Quentin Tarantino crime drama playing a slick and smart detective assigned to the case when they believe a stewardess (Pam Grier) is working with a known arms dealer (Samuel L Jackson).

Betelgeuse, Beetlejuice

Despite limited screentime. Keaton completely anchors Tim Burton's ghoulish black comedy about a recently deceased married couple (Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis) who hire a malicious bio-exorcist (Keaton) to help drive the new owners out of their home.