Musicals
40.35%
23 votes
War
31.58%
18 votes
Noir
57 votes. You may not vote on this poll

20 days to go? Should be only a week otherwise I might get a bit too combative in this thread. Sure it might be funny, it might not, but it will also certainly be war.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

That's not what I see? Unless you mean ahead of one particular choice.

It is shockingly close right now, regardless. A lot more than I'd have guessed.
I was looking at and comparing only Comedy and Noir (mainly I just wanted to post something funny).

Now I see War is ahead. Yes it's very close and surprising that three of the choices are neck to neck. Gosh I hope we don't end up with a three way tie!

I voted for War. Assembling a musical and comedy list might be a bit hard for me to do. I could probably assemble a pretty fine noir list though.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'd prefer Musicals, but I voted for Comedies too. Noir would also be good, but I'd prefer something a bit lighter.

That should pretty much guarantee that War will win.

Voted for the two I'd be likely to take part in.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
20 days to go? Should be only a week otherwise I might get a bit too combative in this thread. Sure it might be funny, it might not, but it will also certainly be war.

"There Will Be Blood"

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I second this or max two weeks.
I guess, after that will be a week for the Host discussions...

I took the time (three weeks) from the last poll, but I think that one was extended because the vote was close and we wanted to make sure, if every vote could be the difference, everyone got a chance. Same thing's happening here, at least so far.

But like I said, if something clearly pulls away and we go a day or two without additional votes, sure, we can end it early. But if it's close we'll want to use the whole time.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think we should realistically have these 4 choices be the next 4 countdowns, not including the decade countdowns that we will do redux.

Obviously there's months (if not a full year or more) between genre countdowns, so it seems important to actually hold a vote each time, since even if people's preferences don't change, the actual people around and participating do.

If the runner-up each time is going to win anyway, then no harm, we just confirm that. If it isn't going to win, then it's a good thing we held the vote. Only downside is that we spend a few weeks deciding/making sure.