R.I.P. Charles Grodin

Tools    

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Looks like we lost another one. He passed away some time earlier today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/18/m...odin-dead.html

Another favorite gone. This man may not have been a huge success solo but he truly stole just about every scene he was ever in when onscreen with other actors.

Heartbreak Kid should be watched by all.
I think it was on YouTube at one point, not sure if it's still there. Complete BS it's not on DVD/Blu-ray.

Oh man, I hadn't thought about him in a while, but I remember really liking a lot of his 80s stuff.

OMG, I don't believe it...The Heartbreak Kid, Seems Like Old Times, Midnight Run, Heart and Souls, The Lonely Guy, his brilliant performance in Heaven Can Wait and one of my favorite guilty pleasures was his performance as Cain Kensington in the CBS mini-series Fresno...underrated actor who always brought the funny...what a terrible loss. RIP.

I think it was on YouTube at one point, not sure if it's still there. Complete BS it's not on DVD/Blu-ray.

There is a fairly bad copy to be found on YouTube. But it's honestly not much worse than what I have. It's shocking what the studios are willing to just let fall into disrepair.

I'm sure there is some dumb reasons about ownership, or copyrights or personal grievances which have kept it mostly out of circulation, but whatever they are, I'm sure it no doubt adds up to yet another embarrassing case of neglect.

Was shocked to hear how old he was. I mainly remembered him from Midnight Run and The Heartbreak Kid but glancing at IMDb I guess I've seen him a lot.

RIP

One of the immaculate cads of his generation, smart enough to know precisely how to be an insufferable imbecile. Even his weaker films - King Kong ("He tried to rape you, honey" in his impeccable lack of tact) or Couch Trip (a psychotic psychiatrist in an otherwise too sane movie) - he gives 110%. If seducing Miss Piggy isn't worth an Oscar, what is?

So many nearly forgotten films - Heartbreak Kid, 11 Harrowhouse, Sunburn and his own Movers and Shakers.

I always liked Grodin's appearances on Letterman, where the two developed a playful antagonism, and Grodin flexes his granite straight-faced killjoy.

It's a perfectly good piece of pie? Right?!?!

They got it back there....

R.I.P. Loved him in Midnight Run. If you haven't seen it, check it out because it's a lot of fun.
Good picture. It was Grodin plying his most familiar niche. He had a style that was unique and humorous. Never cared much for his offscreen philosopy.

Very sad. I remember him from lots of things: Heaven Can Wait, Seems Like Old Times, The Heartbreak Kid, The Woman in Red, Midnight Run etc. etc. But like Jinnistan, I loved him on his numerous David Letterman appearances, where he pretended to be angered, insulted, rude, bored, you name it, anything negative opposite Letterman's continual laughter at him. Fun stuff. Godspeed, Mr. Grodin. You will be missed.