Arthouse Mafia

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
Are you looking for mise-en-scene or just nice blocking?
I'm looking for great mise-en-scene, not just nice blocking. The pictures I posted was just examples of movies with great mise-en-scene. Lots of films, I'll be very, very busy! I need more time, I really need lots of more time! I want to watch all of them! So little time, so many movies!

so I manged to watch La chinoise today. It was enjoyable, especially with my interest in communism right now. It has a weird way of presenting itself and is just a overall oditty

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
with my interest in communism right now
I see you want to become a RYM elitist now.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

“I was cured, all right!”
Don't let this thread die!

I'd like to recommend this film (with english subtitles):
Southwest (2011) by Eduardo Nunes [Brazil]

★★★★

In a quiet and anonymous city, duriong one day, Clarice (Simone Spoladore) sees her life unfold in a circular way, from birth to death, and then old age once again. She observes the people around her, who do not grow old, and who do not understand her existence. This woman should have a number of fundamental themes such as life, death, motherhood and violence.

Clearly influenced by the style of Tarkovsky / Béla Tarr. The soundtrack is beautiful.

I'm looking for great mise-en-scene, not just nice blocking. The pictures I posted was just examples of movies with great mise-en-scene. Lots of films, I'll be very, very busy! I need more time, I really need lots of more time! I want to watch all of them! So little time, so many movies!
Although I do think with Tarkovsky especially the quality of his blocking means that single frames often don't capture the effectiveness of whats onscreen, or else he'd probably just have become a lowly photographer like me instead.

If one shot comes to mind its section just after the jester has been arrested in Andrei Rublev with the monks walking past the trees in the foreground and the horses in the background.