Greatest Movie of All Time?

Tools    

Originally posted by Toose
Some of you purists out there will no doubt criticize my choice but to hell vit you if you do.

Conan the Barbarian is still my favorite flick. It's not only the film itself but Robert Howard's take on the 'hero.'

It was big, bloody, lots of action... I just really dug it.
That was the first rated R movie I had ever seen in the theater. My friend and I sneaked in and were very excited to see some boobies.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I am having a nervous breakdance
Boobies are nice...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Sci fi
2001:A Space Odyssey
Solaris(Tarvosky original)

Music-related
A Hard Day's Night

Action
Die Hard

Comedy Satire
Dr. Strangelove
Network

Comedy
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Drama
Taxi Driver
Eyes Wide Shut

Crime Drama
Goodfellas

Neo-Noir
The Usual Suspects
The Man who Wasn't There

Film Noir
The Third Man

War
Apocalypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
The Deer Hunter

I'm too lazy to go through every category. THese were just a few right off the top of my head.

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

nm

I must become Caligari..!
Drama/acton/war
Rebel with out a cause
Pulp Fiction= My all time fav
Scarface
Citezen kane
Swingers
Kellys Heros
Apocolips now
The big laboskie
Millers crossing
Shawshank Redemtion
The sting
Nine quennes
Jakie Brown
Ohh to many to name

Comdey
Top Secret
Waneys world I & II
My blue heven
My couzin Vinnie
American Pie

I find it hard to name one good horror film apart from Series Halloween (Exept H20 and the new one)

I See You When You're Sleeping
Getting back to the greatest movie of all....

Blade Runner. It says so much.

best film/s of all time?

either full metal jacket

or a clockwork orange

lets not forget kubrick now people, you know one of the most

amazing directors to ever live...

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
A film directed by a great director can be the best of all time, but so can a film made by a great producer with a powerful studio behind him.

And a movie that takes place in a setting of the most important time of the history of the greatest country in the world.

GONE WITH THE WIND

greatest movie ever made... Citizen Kane is close, but nothing can or ever will top Gone With the Wind.

Well, it may surprise you to know that the 2 greatest films of all time were written by a certain Yoda!

Sansho the Bailiff, and Story of the Late Chrysanthemums, both directed by the master, Kenji Mizoguchi.

You just going to regurgitate the same two names and film in every thread deemed worthy...?

No of course not! This was my first message, and the coincidence led to my own Yoda thread.

Another coincidence; today's Groundhog Day, and i see the film is one of board user Yoda's 2 favourites.

TTT <--- best ever.

ok....we're talking about the BEST movies of all time...so personal favorites aside i have to say that the 3 best movies (which aren't ones i chose myself but love anyways) are as follows
Gone with the Wind
Casablanca
Citizen Cane
after doin some research i've come to the conclusion that these are listed as the best movies of all time

I would havce to say personally for me, it would have to be [b]Pulp Fiction{/b] which although i only saw recently it absolutly made it onto my personal list, also along with Ghostbusters, which I could never get sick of. But thats just my opinion.

yahh man

Everyone always says Citizen Kane is the greatest movie ever, and well, it is quite impressive, but i don't hold with that opinion. For me, the greatest film ever is The Graduate. It's funny, sad, satirical, and the best movie by Mike Nichols. If you think about it, American Beauty is the direct decendant of The Graduate. Both films poke fun at their respective era's idea of the perfect family, materialism, and how really kinky the suburbs are under the surface! (And I don't see American Beauty as anti-American at all, for the guy who said that. It's meant to be a satire, I think, not saying "Look how F8cked up and weird Americans are." I didn't get that at all. And the hard-core marines guy being gay was hilarious because it was unexpected. But to each their own, I say.)

Of all the movies I have ever seen (a lot, including Citizen Kane) I would have to say that the best movie of all time is Sergio Leone's "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly." I love the story, the directing, the meaning, the satire of the US civil war, and more. Most will probably disagree with me, but this is just my opinion. Something about the movie just sticks in my heart. My second favorite (and my second "best") movie is "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen." This is probably the most visually appealing film I have ever seen. It is also classic, well made, and will forever be on my self. My third favorite movie is "Being There." For some reason this movie is extremely moving and powerful and movie, my congrats to Peter Seller.

PS
How curious, two of my top three are movies based on books. I wonder what that means? Hmmm.

Sure enjoyed reading y'all's top movie lists. Here's mine:

Almost Famous
A River Runs Through It
Unforgiven
Gladiator
It Happenned One Night
ShawShank Redemption
Heat
A Room with a View
25th Hour