Best Brad Pitt Performance/Movie Brad Pitt Starred In

Tools    

What are your opinions on the top three Brad Pitt performances or top three movies which Brad Pitt was involved in:

Mine are

1) Se7en
2) Fight Club
3) Twelve Monkeys

1. Legends Of The Fall
2. Thelma and Louise
3. 12 Monkeys

Save the drama for your Mama
1. Seven Years in Tibet
2. Snatch
3. The Mexican

~ I also love him in all his "suave" roles like Ocean's Eleven and Mr. and Mrs. Smith - really enjoy the humor he brings to them!

You're a Genius all the time
Fight Club

I like Pitt a lot and generally think he's good to great in everything he's in. Not Se7en, though.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
1) Se7en
2) Fight Club
3) Twelve Monkeys
How'd u know!? heres a cold one

I think Pitt is a better actor than he generally gets credit for. Despite being a handsome, famous, rich movie star who's married to a sexy, famous movie star he's self-deprecating enough that you don't hate him the way we probably should. He's a little less successful at it than pal and Ocean's co-star George Clooney, but they are similar in that way. To his credit Brad doesn't really take the safe, easy, glamorous movie star kinds of roles, and if he does move in that direction it is undercut by humor and a sense that he isn't buying into this sex symbol stuff either. I think you can see this early on.

After his breakthroughs in Thelma & Louise (1991) and A River Runs Through It (1992) he went and played ugly and weird in Kalifornia (1993) and that hysterical small stoner part in True Romance (1993). Interview with the Vampire (1994) was a big movie and Legends of the Fall (1994) is the closest to a classic handsome leading man thing he had done, even with that dark last act. But then choosing the very dark SE7EN (1995) and Gilliam's 12 Monkeys (1995) were right back against what I'm sure agents and managers were begging him to do, but of course they paid off when SE7EN became a $100-million hit and 12 Monkeys garnered him his first (and to date only, as an actor) Oscar nomination.

The next few years were not successes after disappointments in Sleepers (1996) a big awards-bait movie with an all-star cast and crew that just wasn't very good, The Devil's Own (1997) with that horrible Irish accent and dull and predictable plot, the sincere but unwieldy Seven Years in Tibet (1997) and a re-make that should have worked on paper but was a screaming bore on the screen with Meet Joe Black (1998). Besides being dull, I think a big problem with Joe Black was that Pitt played too pretty and purposefully had no personality, which frankly he didn't pull off. But he seemed to learn quickly from those mistakes and came roaring back in Fight Club (1999) which was a pitch black satire where he got to play sexy but also (and importantly) weird and dangerous. Then came Snatch (2000) where again he's got reason to take off his shirt and show his six pack off, but he's also very funny and dirty and weird. He also learned a big lesson from Devil's Own and this time the accent is an intentional joke. But as much fun as that role mostly is, in the scene where he's watching the camper burn you do see the emotional truth and pain underneath the fitfully amusing histrionics.

I thought The Mexican (2001) was fun and unfairly ignored, and being a character who was incredibly attractive but just plain not very bright or competent suits him perfectly. I thought Tony Scott's Spy Game was pretty tedious stuff and I just don't buy Pitt as the straight up hero type. If he's a fu*ked up goofball who happens to look like Brad Pitt and manages to succeed, great, but there has to be an element of humor or some serious flaws to go with that pretty face. Everybody seems to be having fun in the Ocean's series, especially Pitt and Clooney who get to have fun playing with those slick movie star images that People Magazine really want them to embrace. I thought Wolfgang Petersen's Troy (2004) was a spectacular bore, and again I don't buy Brad Pitt as the brooding super hero. I just don't. And that's what makes Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) work so well, that he adds humor to the dashing super spy and makes him so much more enjoyable to watch.

With Babel (2006), The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007) and Fincher's upcoming The Curious Case of Benjamin Button he's improving his range even more and finding dramatic parts to sink his acting chops into. And the Coen Brothers' next, Burn After Reading, promises to be more of the good-looking but self-deprecating thing which is his true bread and butter. I'm sure there are agents and producers in Hollywood who think he's nuts for not doing straight ahead Romantic Comedies and formulaic weepers, but he knows what he's doing.

So, as for which of those I think are his best performances to date...

1. SE7EN
2. Babel
3. The Assassination of Jesse James
.......by the Coward Robert Ford

4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. Fight Club
6. The Mexican
7. 12 Monkeys
8. Burn After Reading
*updated to include his 2008 films

And I love his small roles in True Romance (for me the first big screen comic stoner post-1982 who wasn't just doing a Jeff Spicoli impression) and Thelma & Louise, as well as his cameos in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and Full Frontal.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am burdened with glorious purpose
The only time I've liked Brad Pitt was in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I thought he was funny, warm, and extremely human. I can't remember what he says at the very end (facing the camera) but I thought it hysterical.

I just don't, as a rule, like him very much.

The only time I've liked Brad Pitt was in Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Funny that is the one I like the least.

1. Seven
2. Babel
3. fightclub

I am burdened with glorious purpose
How can you not love this?

[last lines]
John Smith: [at marriage counseling] Ask us the sex question.
Jane Smith: [whispers] John.
John Smith: [softly with his fingers out for ten] Ten.

It was bugging me, so I went and looked up the last lines of the film.

I couldn't decide on just three...

Se7en
Interview With the Vampire
Legends of the Fall
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

And I know a lot of people hated Troy ... but I liked it and thought Pitt did an excellent job as Achilles...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Here's mine: Seven, Mr and Mrs Smith, Fight Club

Fight Club
Seven
12 Monkeys

And I know a lot of people hated Troy ... but I liked it and thought Pitt did an excellent job as Achilles...
I enjoyed Troy quite a bit, not that I think it a 5 star film or anything, but I did like it. Pitt played the role perfectly and I think he is the reason I liked the movie.

&feature=related

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
I think his 5 best roles are:

as Floyd in True Romance
as Jeffrey Goines in Twelve Monkeys
as Mickey O'Neil in Snatch
as Tyler Durden in Fight Club
as David Mills in Seven

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
1 Se7en
2 fight Club
3 Snatch

These are all awsome films with Brad Pitt in.

"WHAT'S IN THE BOX?! ... OH GOD! OH GOD!"

Gotta say though, as brilliant as that scene is, this is nearly as brilliant. The utter definition of a "must-see" for anyone who liked Se7en...

I am half agony, half hope.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith He has a great sense of humor which features heavily in this film, and I like that.

The Ocean's Trilogy His interaction with the others makes it obvious that he's having fun, and he doesn't take himself, or being a star, too seriously. The scripts get progressively worse with each sequel, but the sense of camaderie and hilarity with each other gets better.

Legends of the Fall What female didn't fall in love with him in this?

Babel Brad looking middle-aged and stressed, was still better looking than 1/3 of the male population, and his acting was so good here.

Johann von Goethe