Happy Arthur's Day!

Tools    

Being one of the few Irish mofoer's here i just want to wish ye all a happy Arthur's Day and hope some of ye will be raising your glass to the man himself at 17.59 this evening! I know i will be!

Who is Arthur? This is an actual holiday? I'm upset - I recently bought a Guinness t-shirt and I'm not wearing it.

You want to post like me?
Who is Arthur? This is an actual holiday? I'm upset - I recently bought a Guinness t-shirt and I'm not wearing it.
Well, you know, that's only one phone both away.

Arthur Guinness signed a 9,000 year lease buying St James Gate Brewery on the 24th September 1759, thus beginning the whirlwind story of Guinness and St James Gate later becoming the largest brewery in the world.

It is not a national holiday, it is just an excuse for us Irish folk to celebrate the man himself and the "black stuff"

TO ARTHUR!!!

... It is not a national holiday, it is just an excuse for us Irish folk to celebrate the man himself and the "black stuff"
Yeah, because that's the one thing the Irish have always needed... An excuse to drink.

The People's Republic of Clogher

I can't remember the best pint of Guinness I've had (I've been drinking for over 20 years, cut me some slack! ) but can definitely recall the worst:

It was only a matter of months ago in one of those anaesthetised non-smoking joy vacuums that we now call bars and I was up getting a round in. The round contained, amongst other things, a pint of Guinness for myself and a cider & black for someone else (please don't presume too much about the company I keep because of that particular drink - you may well be correct).

I didn't realise until my first gulp that the barman had gotten mixed up and presented me with a pint of cider and ... shudder ... a Guinness and blackcurrent!

Truly awful stuff and almost as bad as Beamish. Or Harp.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Indeed hope you had a good Arthers day

What does it taste like?