94.92%
56 votes
Yes
5.08%
3 votes
No
59 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The truth is in here
I don't think your Catch 22 statement is completely true. I often see people compare what the foreign original did much better whenever a US remake of it turns out bad.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh well some of my favorite foreign films have not been remade into English so as The Chaser, City of God, Cell 211, The Battle of Algiers and The Skin I Live in.

Welcome to the human race...
I don't think your Catch 22 statement is completely true. I often see people compare what the foreign original did much better whenever a US remake of it turns out bad.
Which is why I specified that it is about the kind of viewers who reject the notion of watching foreign films rather than viewers in general. Starting to think this hypothesis wasn't worth making.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Oh well some of my favorite foreign films have not been remade into English so as The Chaser, City of God, Cell 211, The Battle of Algiers and The Skin I Live in.

"The of Algiers" is one of my favorite movies, period... All the DVD extras are on YouTube

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well I am usually not in favor of 'shot for shot' remakes, but in this case I would be because if people are only willing to watch an English language remake of a foreign film, then you might as well have it be shot for shot, to ensure that everything is the same and it's just as good as the original hopefully.

I typed in "foreign movies" and this came up, doesn't matter.... This looks like a good movie, and it was just uploaded this year with all the remastering, etc..

Kuuma Kissa?
If you've seen this, could you give a 1-10 score?

Movie Forums Extra
Absolutely love foreign films
You get a Fresh perspective on world issues sometimes & see so much culture.

This is a very odd question. How do I even answer it?

Do I like foreign films? Well.. some of them, yes. Others, no. I don't ever seek out foreign films just because they're foreign and I certainly like far more English language films than I do foreign language films, but there are a few foreign ones that I absolutely love.

So... yes and no?

Absolutely love foreign films
You get a Fresh perspective on world issues sometimes & see so much culture.

It's quite a learning experience, especially movies from outside of your own country, and from long time-spans. You can see how their countries have changed (assuming good stratification), but also the development of their film-making.

This is a very odd question. How do I even answer it?

Do I like foreign films? Well.. some of them, yes. Others, no. I don't ever seek out foreign films just because they're foreign and I certainly like far more English language films than I do foreign language films, but there are a few foreign ones that I absolutely love.

So... yes and no?

This was right after someone said (in another thread) how they felt a Foreign Movie Hall of Fame would be unsuccessful, and asked something like, "How many people here actually like foreign movies?" and I was convinced we have a lot more fans than he/she believed, hence, the poll to serve as a "test-run" -- if it would have been 98% NO, we rightly could have gone with another category.

I particularly like foreign movies that show me a "slice of life" in a foreign country: how people live on a day-to-day basis. I like that. I learn something about the world. When I watch a movie that takes place in LA or NYC or Flint, MI, no matter how good the movie may be, I really don't learn anything new about day-to-day living in the US. (Now I know that there are places in the US where the people live differently than most of the US citizens.)

I could tell you all about it.