R.I.P. David Warner (actor)

Tools    

David Hattersley Warner (29 July 1941 – 24 July 2022)

The great English actor has passed away.

This is very saddening news.

R.I.P. One of my favorite villain actors. I especially like him in Time Bandits and in the Star Trek: The Next Generation "Chain of Command" two-parter. What a commanding voice he had.

A system of cells interlinked
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RIP Mr. Warner

"God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time, forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"

Acting genius. May his memory be a blessing.

I loved him in many of his movies but most of all as Sark in Tron. RIP Mr. Warner.

Ahhh.

Strictly by coincidence I've been watching a lot of movies lately where he's appeared. Time After Time, The Ballad of Cable Hogue, The Man With Two Brains. He was also Bob Cratchit in the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.

RIP Mr. Warner.

David Warner had tons of screen presences. Every film that I've seen him in he stands out as quite memorable. Truly a fine actor with so many great roles to his credit that it would be hard to name them all.

For Star Trek fans he holds a special spot as he played three different characters (St. John Talbot in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier and a Klingon 'Gorkon' in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.) But it's his performance of a Cardassian prison interrogator Gul Madred in Star Trek: The Next Generation "Chain of Command, Part I & II" that I'll remember him most for.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/David_Warner

I loved him in the original Straw Dogs.

Have to admit I haven't seen a lot of his work, but what I saw, this was an actor who never phoned it in...loved him in The Omen, Titanic, The Ballad of Cable Hogue, The Man with Two Brains, A Doll's House, the mini-series Wild Palms, and as Admiral Boom in Mary Poppins Returns...powerhouse actor. RIP.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer

I grew up watching David Warner. Tron, Time Bandits, The Omen... the guy was such an excellent actor. I loved his delivery.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

This is a weird one because I could swear I remember hearing of his death several years back (on various Star Trek boards since he had roles in ST V, VI and TNG). Maybe it was someone else?

The Mandela Effect strikes again!

RIP David

I loved this guy. I remember first noticing him when my parents took me to see The Omen and I liked his cool style and then that scene where he exits the movie---I couldn't get that out my mind for days---not scared, just thought it was one of the coolest deaths I'd ever seen!

After that, I went backward and started noticing him in other movies where he was great like The Ballad of Cable Hogue, Straw Dogs, and From Beyond the Grave. Time After Time, The Island (this one gets a bad rap but I love it!), Time Bandits, TRON, The Man With Two Brains---I mean the man knew how to pick his movies! Except for "Cable Hogue"---Peckinpah picked him. I'd read this on IMDB a good while back and went back to find it: David Warner suffers from vertigo and had a panic attack before he was due to fly out to the set. Although they had never met and the Englishman wasn't a name to conjure with in Hollywood, Sam Peckinpah was so determined to cast Warner that it was arranged he should sail over to America, even though this meant holding up his scenes three weeks. Warner deeply appreciated this and they made two more films together: Straw Dogs (1971) and Cross of Iron (1977). Pretty cool.

And I loved seeing him in anything beyond this point, like all the Star Trek he did. Like all the above comments about his appearance in the two-part "Chain of Command" episode of Star Trek: The Next Generations, which was awesome.

I have so many that I still want to see that he acted in. A truly fine actor leaves a huge space in the acting world. Godspeed, David.