Ghost in the Shell (1995)

Tools    

I love this movie, but I have no idea what edition to buy. Sounds like there were a lot of problems with multiple editions. Very confusing. Are there any super fans of this movie that know the answer to this?

Also, I don't mind if this thread turns into a Ghost in the Shell (2017) hate train.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
This bad boy is the best overall release.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ghost...lu-ray/271781/

“I was cured, all right!”

I love this movie, but I have no idea what edition to buy. Sounds like there were a lot of problems with multiple editions. Very confusing. Are there any super fans of this movie that know the answer to this?

Also, I don't mind if this thread turns into a Ghost in the Shell (2017) hate train.
Hi.

Ghost in the Shell (2017) deserves all the hate. Terrible movie. The lead actress sucks.

I can't offer proper help as I'm not from North America or the UK so I don't know what BD editions are like. But GitS never had a major remaster, instead they made the "2.0" version - which is a reworked edition of the movie, with the addition of CGI/3D animation like those of "Innocence" - my BD comes with both versions and it was released in 2009, in that version the original cut has bad audio unfortunately (I personally don't like the 2.0 cut) and the image improvement was just ok.

The 4K 2020 version has improved audio (but some issues with audio dropout - audio separation is poor I heard) and picture quality (color gamma correction). Not sure about windowboxing or what the dubbing is like (I never watch anime with dubs anyway) so I recommend checking, 'cause Blu-ray + Anime has history with poorly translated subtitles and horrible windowboxing.

I would go with the 4K version for the extras only even if the original cut was poorly delivered. But that's me. Big fan of GitS too.

Cheers

The 4K 2020 version has improved audio (but some issues with audio dropout - audio separation is poor I heard) and picture quality (color gamma correction). Not sure about windowboxing or what the dubbing is like (I never watch anime with dubs anyway) so I recommend checking, 'cause Blu-ray + Anime has history with poorly translated subtitles and horrible windowboxing.

I would go with the 4K version for the extras only even if the original cut was poorly delivered. But that's me. Big fan of GitS too.

Cheers
Yeah, that's what I was worried about most. I kept hearing how certain editions were incorrectly translated in the subtitles. But from what I'm reading (and with your guys' opinions) this 4k does look to be the best so far.

Thanks!🍻

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I love this movie too, but always watch it on streaming rather than buying. I tried showing it to my gf but she couldn't get into it and found it too slow paced she said.

Victim of The Night

...Also, I don't mind if this thread turns into a Ghost in the Shell (2017) hate train.
FWIW, I really liked it.