I won't be watching any more movies

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yesterday something very personal happened, which forced me to make a lot of changes in my life. As a result, I decided to give up watching movies. I might still be able to throw in a film or two a month, but this is as good as zero to a person who spent every single minute of their free time watching films.

I'm utterly devastated to think I won't be able to continue my hobby, but at the same time, happy and excited about the new possibilities life brought to me.

I'm not sure how much the change is going to influence my stay here on MoFo, but I doubt I will leave completely.

I think I will take up standup comedy now.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Yesterday something very personal happened, which forced me to make a lot of changes in my life. As a result, I decided to give up watching movies. I might still be able to throw in a film or two a month, but this is as good as zero to a person who spent every single minute of their free time watching films.

I'm utterly devastated to think I won't be able to continue my hobby, but at the same time, happy and excited about the new possibilities life brought to me.

I'm not sure how much the change is going to influence my stay here on MoFo, but I doubt I will leave completely.

I think I will take up standup comedy now.

I do realize it's April Fool's, but in case it's not - good luck. I'm curious what happened that would cause you to stop watching movies, but I understand your need to keep things private. I hope things are alright. Watching a good movie for the first time is like eating food after going a long time without it, but with more satisfaction for years to come. But unlike you, I can't seem to find unique movies that grab my interest, despite the free time I have. Part of it is where I'm at in my movie life and also where I'm at in life in general - distractions that disable me from really absorbing it, as well as my tendency to turn off a movie if I'm not into it within 30-40 minutes.

If you ever want stand-up comedy recommendations, just let me know who/what you like (or don't like) and I might be able to give you something YOU like (not what I like)... I've seen probably a thousand comedians (live and on a screen), but don't have many I love... I did create a "Laugh With Matt" thread with videos of mostly stand-up.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
dammit i was gonna bump old threads in every sub section for april fools. Oh well next year eh.

Momoko Ando won't be happy with you, but at the end of the day, she'll understand. We all have to take hiatuses from our favorite hobbies every now and then.