Cars and your gender

Tools    

Dodge actually marketed a car they badged as "La Femme" in 1955-56. As far as I know it's the only time a manufacturer ever tried it (at least in America).

I had an opportunity to buy one a few years ago. I almost did it, but then I'd have had to restore it to factory spec (best as possible anyway) and I'd end up with a car I wouldn't want to drive. Should have bought it anyway, they are exceedingly rare.

⬆️ LOL. Because of course every woman back then wanted a pink car. Not.

It’s almost like they’re not even discussing a car. More like a new couture outfit!

Saw a guy downtown driving a Mercedes like this today. From the seventies, I think. Beautiful car.

Saw a guy downtown driving a Mercedes like this today. From the seventies, I think. Beautiful car.

Looks like Norma’s Mercedes in Bates Motel ‘72 280 SEL

I have an impulse, probably originating from my testicles, to have a fast car. That said, I live and mostly drive in the city where speeds are low and speed cameras abound. Anything with speeds over 50 is rare and most of it is under 40. When the light turns green, I have to throttle down the Prius to keep from running into the car in front of me.

As a result of that, I sometimes feel sorry for those guys with the fast cars because I realize just how frustrated they must be. They paid all the money, made all that noise but not driving any faster than they guy in front of them with the Prius. Sometimes they switch lanes quickly, and they manage to get one car length ahead, but generally I find myself passing them a few blocks down the street.

I do understand male competitive juices, but doing it in a car in city traffic seems like a lousy way to prove one's manhood.

Speaking of cars & gender, as a female one thing often strikes me as I wait to cross at intersections. (I don’t drive.) If a guy in a Jaguar sees me waiting at the intersection he will always wave me through even if he has the light. Interestingly, the only other vehicle that does this is a guy in a pickup truck. And this happens all the time.

This is a beautiful car from England - the Jensen Interceptor. Made by the Jensen brothers who were born in my hometown.

First car is from 1976 & was owned by John Bonham of Led Zeppelin. The 2nd car is 2 years older.

Known for its distinctive hatchback.

Interesting topic. I bought a Ford Escape in 2002 and am still driving it.

When I got it, a guy at work asked me why I didn't buy an Explorer. I said I didn't want something that big - a full-size SUV, plus the Escape was much cheaper than the Explorer.

His response was, "But you'll be seen driving around in that thing! The Escape is like Ford's version of a house-wife's car to run errands around town in and go shopping at boutiques. It's a mini SUV for mini people. That's the kind of car a man buys his wife or daughter as a Christmas present - it's a girl's car!"

Oh well.

When I got it, a guy at work asked me why I didn't buy an Explorer. I said I didn't want something that big - a full-size SUV, plus the Escape was much cheaper than the Explorer.

His response was, "But you'll be seen driving around in that thing! The Escape is like Ford's version of a house-wife's car to run errands around town in and go shopping at boutiques. It's a mini SUV for mini people. That's the kind of car a man buys his wife or daughter as a Christmas present - it's a girl's car!"

Oh well.
I really like the look of the older Ford Escapes. A couple years ago when I needed to get another vehicle I had planned on buying one. I looked at the new Ford Escapes, but the body style had changed and now it looks like a SUV/station wagon. So I bought something else.

Oh well.
Lordy, what a dope he sounds.

I drive a honda fit. The reason I bought it is because it's a small economical car that's a fine daily driver, and I can fold the seats down and it's suddenly a miniature bedroom with a video system thanks to the GPS that can also play DVDs or receive TV stations.

Is it a chick car? Yeah, I guess it is. That sort of thing mattered when I was a teenager and trying to attract women. The reality is that good women don't care what kind of car you drive. Gold diggers do, but that's also a plus. A honda fit is a negative gold digger magnet. They take one look at my car and don't even bother with me.
Now back to my wonderful chick car! I have taken it on several road trips and the beauty is that I don't need to sleep in some hotel bed with questionable sheets and expensive prices. I can park it literally anywhere you can park a small car, and that's my bedroom. Well, the question of toilet issues does arise, so I can't park it downtown. I guess a handy back alley will work, and I do keep a roll of TP in the back.

You ready? You look ready.

Oh well.
I'd just look at that guy and say "yeah, but an Explorer won't go if you can't afford gas."
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I do keep a roll of TP in the back.
You are very wise.

I have a Honda Accord Hybrid. It is white and I wanted blue. This bugs me unnecessarily. I am female and have upon occasion owned a muscle car. It was a red 2001 Mustang Coupe. It was my midlife crisis car. I wanted something sexy in my life. It definitely filled the bill. I have since given it to my nephew who is unimpressed by its hotness and doesn't like the attention it gets. People used to come up to me and comment on its beauty all the time. I switched to the Accord because I became my mother's chauffeur and she couldn't lower or raise herself from the seat.
I still miss that car. But I prefer the looser steering and I no longer drive swiftly.

My Darth Star is in for a service
The Suzuki Swift GTI was a favourite of the old Top Gear team, Clarkson, Hammond and May.
Insurance is cheaper and ideal for driving around town.

There are some excellent modded ones out there too.
These two Swift sports for a start.

Latest version is turbocharged so not as feminine as you might think.

Why would a good woman judge a man because of his transportation? I can see up to the point of him driving around in some ancient beater that will only start on a good day, but what about driving a chick car?