VHS comedy era comedy Hall of fame III (1977-1989)

Tools    

The only guesses I was confident in was that The Jerk was a Citizen nom and Annie Hall was ahwell. Was pretty confident that Real Genius was a gbg nom so I'm gonna have to check my math on that one.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Unfortunately I wasn't here for the reveal for this HoF, but here's my list:

1) When Harry Met Sally (1989)
2) The Princess Bride (1987)
3) Back to the Future (1985)
4) Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
5) Real Genius (1985)
6) A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
7) Broadcast News (1987)
8) Annie Hall (1977)
9) Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (1987)
10) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988)
11) Parenthood (1989)
12) After Hours (1985)
13) Blues Brothers(1980)
14) The Jerk (1979)

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, When Harry Met Sally (1989) and Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) were my nominations. (My original nominations were Seems Like Old Times (1980) and Kiss Me Goodbye (1982), but I changed them because Siddon was upset that I made a comment that hinted as to what they might be, before I knew that he wanted to keep the nominations private.)

I'm not surprised that some of you thought that my noms were The Princess Bride (1987) and Real Genius (1985) because I love both of those movies. In fact, I love the top six movies on my list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@edarsenal @gbgoodies Please read the last few pages of this thread, starting here https://www.movieforums.com/communit...05#post2061805

...and then decide if Siddon's ballot should count in the voting process or not. You can also vote to abstain. I will post the final results on the HoF Archive thread based on the majority vote of us six members.

I read the whole debate about what happened with Siddon's vote, and it's a complicated issue. I'll try to sum up my opinion.

In all HoFs, I think the host should be allowed to vote, however that person's vote should NOT be affected by the previous votes/results. These are HoFs, not elections. It is perfectly acceptable for there to be ties, so there is no need to use anyone's vote to break any ties.

In this case, I don't think that Siddon's list should have counted, simply because he voted based on breaking ties, not based on his opinion.

However, if he had been willing to correct his votes to the order that it would have been if hadn't known that there were ties, then it should have been allowed.

The host of these HoFs watch all the movies just like the rest of us who join, so it would be unfair to say that the host isn't allowed to vote. But by the same token, the rest of us don't have access to the voting results, so we can't change our votes to break ties, so the host shouldn't be allowed to break ties either.

Does that make sense?