Subtitles or Dubbing? - A POLL

Tools    

Which do you prefer? Subtitles or Dubbing?
100.00%
30 votes
Subtitles
0%
0 votes
Dubbing
30 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Which do you prefer?

For me, its subtitles. Dubbing is hilarious its so bad, and the voice inflection by the professional actor is substituted for some student fresh out of their college level English language class.

Subtitles for everything with one exception. DragonBall Z. Don't watch the show anymore but if i did it'd be dubbed because Vegeta and Friezas voices are just the best thing ever. Most dubs are terrible though and can completely ruin what i'm watching.

Subtitles for everything with one exception. DragonBall Z. Don't watch the show anymore but if i did it'd be dubbed because Vegeta and Friezas voices are just the best thing ever. Most dubs are terrible though and can completely ruin what i'm watching.
lol! Yeah there are instances where dubbing is better just for the overall hilarity.

Subtitles unless it's an old Kung fu flick
Yeah those can be great. I remember when i was a kid i bought a dvd ridiculously cheap like 75 pence or something from a supermarket it had a purple case and was four different 70s i think very bad kung fu movies and the dubbing was hilarious.Must have watched all of them about 10 times each with friends, and i don't remember a thing about them.

Which do you prefer?

For me, its subtitles. Dubbing is hilarious its so bad, and the voice inflection by the professional actor is substituted for some student fresh out of their college level English language class.
Subtitles – I can't stand dubbing. I'm the opposite of that old woman in Father Ted who asks whether the film has subtitles and when told yes says "Jesus" and shuffles away.

A recent example was seeing Mads Mikkelsen in The Door – a German film where he's the only actor dubbed in German. Knowing him pretty well it was a struggle to see him without his own voice, which of course he will have in the Danish release.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Sub for me as well. I found it so awkward to go back to dubs of disney movies when I reached the age where I could understand the orignal english. Some anime I watch are likewise hilarious as in Camo's example with the old kung-fu movies, but some outstrip the original. I'd say I'm 97 % sub, 3% dub.

Thankfully I saw The Seven Samurai in subtitles. I couldnt fathom what destruction the dubbed version would do to it.

If I have to pick one forever, it's subtitles. But there are exceptions. The dubbing in Oldboy is great. Not just in that it isn't bad in the way dubbing usually is, but in that it has a dry, montone quality that actually enhances a lot of the line readings.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If it's anime, I prefer dubbing.

If it's live action, I prefer subtitles.

Suspect's Reviews

If it's anime, I prefer dubbing.

If it's live action, I prefer subtitles.
This. Though the anime one does have exceptions. I insist on watching the original Dragonball with the subtitles and all the Miyizaki movies I have seen have been with the subtitles as well. Every other anime movie or series I have watched has been with the dub.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Subtitles all the way!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

If I was still 13 years old I'd say dubbing... but I went with Subtitles.

Because I'm intelligent.

Judging by the Poll results above ^^ I have hope for MoFos.

Actually, I've mentioned this before about Dubbing...

You guys ever watched a movie on DVD/BR and had another language activated?
Ghostbusters in German is awesome.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The only positive thing about dubbing is being able to see the complete expressions on the face instead of looking at the subtitles, even if it is only for a few seconds.

The only positive thing about dubbing is being able to see the complete expressions on the face instead of looking at the subtitles, even if it is only for a few seconds.
No comparison to the loss of voice inflection though. You know who probably utterly despised those old kung fu movies? The actors! It was probably killing them hearing some kentucky fried westerners voice saying their lines