Paris Attack 11/13/2015

Tools    

Coordinated, mass-casualty, terror attack in Paris on multiple fronts.
Supposedly (as best as can be determined at this point) carried out by terrorist operatives of the Islamic State.

Thoughts, theories, speculations, prayers?

(The Obama administration wants to continue and even increase a major influx of "unvetted," Syrian & Middle-Eastern refugees - mostly young men - into the United States.) Good idea?

A couple months ago, Europeans protesting the tidal wave of Islamic refugees pouring into their countries were called "xenophobes, racists and Nazis" because they feared the potential threat of security breaches within their borders, hidden Islamic State cells, and increased acts of terrorism. Should those people still be considered "phobic"?

I feel mad, I feel outraged...but more than that I feel sickened in my stomach...and I feel scared that these terror acts are only going to increase. I feel as if the world has become more dangerous this sad day.

(The Obama administration wants to continue and even increase a major influx of "unvetted," Syrian & Middle-Eastern refugees - mostly young men - into the United States.) Good idea?

A couple months ago, Europeans protesting the tidal wave of Islamic refugees pouring into their countries were called "xenophobes, racists and Nazis" because they feared the potential threat of security breaches within their borders, hidden Islamic State cells, and increased acts of terrorism. Should those people still be considered "phobic"?
Can we at least wait until there is any confirmation on the perpetrators before we rush to condemn a vulnerable group of people?

Can we at least wait until there is any confirmation on the perpetrators before we rush to condemn a vulnerable group of people?
I don't think we're condemning a vulnerable group of people - it's a question of is risking the gift of a Trojan horse worth what might be contained within?

It's kind of like when you were in school and told some privilege was revoked because of one kid who did something that "ruined it for everybody."

I feel bad for the refugees - but are countries just supposed to shrug and accept the fact that there may be mass-murdering terrorists purposefully inserted into these masses?

It's like if you quarantined a whole airplane of people because one person on board had Ebola - it would be terribly unfair to detain and virtually "imprison" all the people who weren't infected, but without a way to tell who was a carrier and who wasn't, what choice would you have?

When thousands of people have their privacy rights violated by having to pass through metal detectors at airports because one nut may have a gun or a knife - do we consider that everyone is being condemned by being slowed down, stopped and searched in order to be cleared?

We have to remember that ISIS said this is what they were going to do - they said they are putting operatives in among the refugees to infiltrate and attack... and they said they will do the same in the U.S.

I feel bad for the refugees - but are countries just supposed to shrug and accept the fact that there may be mass-murdering terrorists purposefully inserted into these masses?
Again, wait. We do not know if these people were among the refugees. I still may disagree with your perspective after we know more, but the least you could do is wait for facts before you fit an agenda in.

It's like if you quarantined a whole airplane of people because one person on board had Ebola - it would be terribly unfair to detain and virtually "imprison" all the people who weren't infected, but without a way to tell who was a carrier and who wasn't, what choice would you have?
Well, if they aren't showing symptoms of Ebola, they are not contagious. So no, you don't need to imprison all of them.

When thousands of people have their privacy rights violated by having to pass through metal detectors at airports because one nut may have a gun or a knife - do we consider that everyone is being condemned by being slowed down, stopped and searched in order to be cleared?
Yes. I consider that a colossal waste of human life. I think we've certainly overreacted with those policies, and I hope there is not a similar overreaction in this case.

They may not be among the refugees - but does it really matter if they're radical Islamic Terrorists among the refugees, or radical Islamic Terrorists who immigrated to France a couple years ago to set up a cell, or radical Islamic Terrorists who are French citizens determined to enact terrorism in the name of Islamic supremacy?

And, let's say for the sake of argument, these particular terrorists were NOT among the refugees - does that mean that there could be no terrorists among the refugees when the Islamic State said that's the very tactic they're going to use as their method to export their terrorism, and when the vast majority of refugees follow an ideology that teaches them (brainwashes most of them from birth since Islamic countries in the Middle East teach genocide in their schools & mosques) that it's their personal divine responsibility to rid the Earth of infidels under the command of their prophet and in the name of their god?

The root problem is a political ideology unified in it's singular goal to establish a worldwide Caliphate via terrorism and the genocide of the infidel.

They may not be among the refugees - but does it really matter if they're radical Islamic Terrorists among the refugees, or radical Islamic Terrorists who immigrated to France a couple years ago to set up a cell, or radical Islamic Terrorists who are French citizens determined to enact terrorism in the name of Islamic supremacy?

And, let's say for the sake of argument, these particular terrorists were NOT among the refugees - does that mean that there could be no terrorists among the refugees when the Islamic State said that's the very tactic they're going to use as their method to export their terrorism, and when the vast majority of refugees follow an ideology that teaches them (brainwashes most of them from birth since Islamic countries in the Middle East teach genocide in their schools & mosques) that it's their personal divine responsibility to rid the Earth of infidels under the command of their prophet and in the name of their god?

The root problem is a political ideology unified in it's singular goal to establish a worldwide Caliphate via terrorism and the genocide of the infidel.
It does matter. It matters if we are punishing moderate Muslims for the actions of the radical ones. Sometimes I feel like people forget that the vast majority of those killed by ISIS haven't been Christians, but moderate Muslims. We are not fighting a war against Islam.

Sigh.... Sigh.... Sigh.... Sigh..... Sigh.....................

It does matter. It matters if we are punishing moderate Muslims for the actions of the radical ones. Sometimes I feel like people forget that the vast majority of those killed by ISIS haven't been Christians, but moderate Muslims. We are not fighting a war against Islam.
I hear you, Slappy. I don't claim to have all the solutions - but the threat is there.
It's not just something common sense tells us, based on the history of Islamic Terrorism, but it's been openly stated by the terrorists themselves that this is what they're going to do.

And they laugh about it since they know that free societies have no defense against it...

So we're left with a choice - either be cruel to those who appear to be seeking help and turn our backs on our own principles of compassion, respect for life & liberty, OR let in strangers who may have fundamentalists among them obsessed with murdering the very people attempting to show them compassion.

I don't know what people are supposed to do when hundreds of thousands of refugees who practice the same ideology that fuels global Islamic Terrorism are seeking asylum in your country, when their own Islamic brethren state that infiltration under the guise of seeking refuge is a long-established & divinely-authorized tactic of their ideology to infiltrate the infidels and destroy them from within - and this has been one common strategy of Jihadism for 1400 years.

So we're left with a choice - either be cruel to those who appear to be seeking help and turn our backs on our own principles of compassion, respect for life & liberty, OR let in strangers who may have fundamentalists among them obsessed with murdering the very people attempting to show them compassion.

I don't know what people are supposed to do when hundreds of thousands of refugees who practice the same ideology that fuels global Islamic Terrorism are seeking asylum in your country, when their own Islamic brethren state that infiltration under the guise of seeking refuge is a long-established & divinely-authorized tactic of their ideology to infiltrate the infidels and destroy them from within - and this has been one common strategy of Jihadism for 1400 years.
This I can relate to. It's not an easy decision, and a lot of people will get hurt either way. I just would hate to see the refugees put through more suffering for this, but I know they will.

This I can relate to. It's not an easy decision, and a lot of people will get hurt either way. I just would hate to see the refugees put through more suffering for this, but I know they will.
You sound like you have a good heart, Slappy.

In a world where we have ideologies of hatred based on goals of supremacy achieved by destroying other people, and religious cults that teach their children that God says it's their duty to kill non-believers, there are no winners. Suffering will continue as long as certain people place hate as their priority over love.

i think i should do my european vacation ( which i have been planning for some time ) before european civilization ends and the things that i wanted to see in europe no longer exist

i think i should do my european vacation ( which i have been planning for some time ) before european civilization ends and the things that i wanted to see in europe no longer exist
Let's be careful out there, ashdoc.

Attack after attack but always remember to be tolerant.
Yes let's wait and see who really did it,the Christians,The Jews or maybe Santa.

Unfortunately that 's how the world is.
Hundreds of people get murdered and all we can do is give a huge SIGH!!!
You're pathetic.