Connor Macgregor's Comic Book Log

Tools    

Happy new year.

Something I want to start doing more of in 2018 is comic book reading. It’s a medium I’ve never had the chance to explore properly and so one, if not my only, resolution would be to read as much comic books as possible, as to try and extend my reading material as much as possible.

I have myself a reading list, as well as several comics to start off and of course, will have the opportunity to review them here on this website, because why the **** not.

So hopefully you enjoy, and may perhaps encourage other people on this forum to start their own comic book log.

Thanks. I've always tried to get into comic books, but never had the time. I now feel this is the type of thing to make it stick. Do you have any recommendations at all?

"Luck don't live out here."
Thanks. I've always tried to get into comic books, but never had the time. I now feel this is the type of thing to make it stick. Do you have any recommendations at all?
Just so you know before I suggest anything, I buy trade paperbacks (instead of individual issues), as I find them easier to read and I like to display them on a bookshelf. If you decide to go the same route, I suggest buying them on Amazon if you want decent prices (although I won't discourage you from supporting your local comic book shop if you want to do so).

Here's some that I enjoyed reading this past year:

Star Wars: Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith (Marvel, 2017, Ongoing): 1 Volume

Star Wars: Darth Vader (Marvel, 2015, Concluded): 4 Volumes

Star Wars (Marvel, 2015, Ongoing): 6 Volumes

Criminal (Image, 2007, Concluded): 7 Volumes

Kill or Be Killed (Image, 2016, Ongoing): 2 Volumes

Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Marvel, 2016, Ongoing): 3 Volumes

The Walking Dead (Image, 2003, Ongoing): 29 Volumes

Mighty Thor (Marvel, 2017, Ongoing): 4 Volumes

Hostage (Drawn and Quarterly, 2017, One Shot): 1 Volume

Doom Patrol (DC, 2017, Ongoing): 1 Volume

Not the most extensive list (a lot of my reading time this year was spent reading every Star Wars comic that's considered canon), but I'll probably make my own comic book log thread in which I'll give ratings and thoughts.