Pixar Vs Dreamworks - Which Do You Prefer?

Tools    

As long as Pixar doesn't make another Cars or Brave, they're doing ok

Like Yoda said though, Dreamworks is shakily stepping up their quality.

Lol! I did a Pixar Marathon a while back. Cars was one of the films I included. I rated it as the lowest of all Pixar films.
The sequels are even worse though, they're just churned out rubbish... it's hard to imagine why they decided on sequels tbh after the original.
Very hollow in story, shallow in character depth and very linear in plot and screenplay...
The animation was flashy, but hollow flashiness is Dreamworks' forte, not Pixar's.

I found Shrek to be Dreamworks' strongest though. Original yet recognisable, playful, funny and occasionally adult humour too plus there's the audience expectations that were played with that kept you guessing what they were going to take the piss out of next. Well, I thought it was great anyway.
The sequels were a real downer after they made such a fantastic first film.

I think they are done with Cars.... I mean before Cars, they weren't really into making sequels anyway, with the exception of Toy Story... Now we will have a Monsters Inc. sequel, a Finding Nemo sequel (how many times can you lose the bastard? lol), TS4, and so on...

I appreciated it when they didn't feel the need to milk sequels, but hey, if they make the sequels decently enough, I will enjoy them as much as the original films.

I must admit, I am looking forward to Monsters University and Toy Story 4.

Quick addition... I've said Pixar's worst is Cars and Dreamworks best is Shrek...

... other end of the spectrum...
Pixar's Best = WALL-E
Dreamworks' Worst = There's a lot to pick from but Bee Movie and Shark Tale

I loved Bee Movie and wasn't too impressed with Wall-E... XD

Now you're just being Dastardly.

Yeah, gawd forbid I go against the popular grain!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Shark Tale is trash, yuck.

I think Toy Story 4 is just a rumour and one that I hope will die soon.

Pixar for me. The shorts before the films are better than Dreamworks whole catalogue.

Suspect's Reviews

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Shark Tale is trash, yuck.

I think Toy Story 4 is just a rumour and one that I hope will die soon.

Pixar for me. The shorts before the films are better than Dreamworks whole catalogue.

TS4 is not a rumor... They announced it along with the sequels to Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo.

Pixar, obviously.

Dreamworks has made some great stuff (Shrek, Over the Hedge, How To Train Your Dragon, Flushed Away) but their best is still leagues behind Pixar's best (and Bee Movie was absolutely TERRIBLE). Though I won't deny that with their recent releases of Cars 2 (I loved the first Cars, but not this one) and Brave they do seem to be losing their magic touch. I'm not too keen on the looks of Monsters University, either, but I'm betting it's going to be immeasurably better than Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shark Tale, Bee Movie, or Megamind.

Pretty much going with the consensus here.

There isn't anything on the league of Up, Wall-E and Ratatouille in the set of Dreamwork's films that I have watched (which are Shrek, I, II and III, Madagascar, Shark Tale, How to Train Your Dragon and a few others). But I think that how to Train Your Dragon was better than most Pixar's films, such as Toy Story 3, though.

I don't think I'm sticking my neck out when I say Pixar. Dreamworks have made some very enjoyable films - How to Train Your Dragon chief among them, I think. I like Shrek too, but when I think DW those are really the only two that immediately come to mind as really good movies. When I think about Pixar, though, it's a different story. The Toy Stories, Wall-E, Up, Ratatouille, Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc.... it's a big list. It's only really Cars that I haven't enjoyed that much.

Am I the only one who didn't like Brave at all?
I found the movie very disappointing, but didn't hate it.

My main issue was that it was entirely too similar to Disney's Brother Bear, which I felt was a superior film (and not just because of who voiced the lead role ).