Ikiru (Kurosawa)

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The last mention of this was in 2004... What a great film, and saw it for the first last night, so I'm still beaming. Great dialogue, great situations, cause and effect, and should be a great lesson for everyone in life. I'll wait for other fans to talk further...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Furosawa is a great director, but I prefer Darkovsky and Bertman.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I like Stanley Pubeprick
Fire walk with me.

Mushroom, it's actually a positive story.. The man finally starts to live, do the right things. The script is amazing, and the themes are so strong. I can't find faults (and that's saying something!)

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I'm sorry to hear that Mushroom. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Ikiru is definitely a fantastic film, though I'm sure everyone on this forum knew that I would say that.

I haven't seen Seven Samurai or Rashomon, so I can't wait! I got a reserve copy from another library, and it was a bonus feature CD. In fact, I didn't know what I was getting. I can tell from a distance if it's a "Criterion" film, and I don't even look at the cover until I get home, where I might scan to see the director, maybe a word or two, but shouldn't even do that. I love watching films with a clear head, although sometimes I might not get what I want.. Oh well.

Sorry to hear, Mushroom, I wish you and your family well.

I'm sorry to say this but I worded my previous post wrong. My mom's best friend is the one with cancer. We love her and she is on vacation with her family at Walt Disney World and it probably will be her last vacation.