Criterion Fantasies

Tools    

Universal put out a ragged master with bad bake lines, halos and a smudgy wax job.

Criterion should do this one, forget their usual aesthetic. This one needs saving and super supplements as a market apology.

BLU RAY features would include;

-Brand new 4k remaster with state of the art color correction
-Suede outer slipcover jacket with newly commissioned artwork by Drew Struzan
-90 page collectible booklet written by John Kapelos and Nancy Ludwig
-Audio Commentary with Roger Ebert (recorded in 1995, recovered from the vaults)
-Audio commentary with Anthony Michael Hall, Ilan Mitchell-Smith and Kelly LeBrock
-Deleted scenes (41 mins)
-Collectible 18x24 original theatrical artwork poster signed by Robert Downey, Jr.
-Bloopers and outtakes (16 mins)
-"Black and Blonde: The Girls of Weird Science" - An all new 36 min interview with cast members Suzanne Synder and Judie Aronson
-"SCIENCE!" All new behind the scenes look at the extensive remastering/color correction process for the Weird Science blu ray!
-"Where the Boys are '17" - Feature length documentary on the making of Weird Science featuring brand new interviews with Anthony Michael Hall, Ilan Mitchell-Smith, Kelly LeBrock, Bill Paxton and more!
-"From the Archives" - 55 min interview with John Hughes (presented by Nancy Ludwig, from her personal vaults. Never aired.Originally recorded for 60 Minutes)
-isolated music score
Audio Commentary with composer Ira Newborn, featuring Oingo Boingo singer Danny Elfman
-Weird Science Holographic Lenticular Collector's 8x10 featuring newly commissioned artwork by H.R. Giger (from the original drawings not used)
-Subtitles for the hearing impaired
-new 5.1, 7.1 and 2.0 uncompressed original stereo and mono audio
-Original Theatrical Trailer, TV Spots, Teaser Promo
-"Evil Older Brothers" - Vintage Q&A with Bill Paxton from the Houston,Texas "Comic-Con 2006"
-pressed on a 50gb BD with an average bitrate of 45mbps

And much, much more!

Suggested retail price $39.99

Cover coming soon.
Still waiting...

3 of my fantasies are about to come true.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I wish criterion would release more silent movies, but I guess we have Kino Lorber to take care of that.

what do you mean...it's already there.

pLease explain the transfer process for getting this absolute maximum bitrate onto blu ray fr this film.

Just a quick behind the scenes vid?

Criterion 1000 is coming out...here are my/most popular guesses

Metropolis (1927) - fully restored

2001 A Space Odyssey - to continue the Kubrick run

Citizen Kane - cause apparently they own it...

I'll take the studio channel 4K release ahead of that though, I'd guess Criterion might have offered a few more(or newer) extras but its a film were UHD adds significantly IMHO.

I am supprised that nobody has given Jonathan Glazers's Birth a HD/BR release and you'd think that would be right up criterions alley as a cult film were the director would probably be willing to be involved with a commentary or other extras.

I'm already getting my wish, and pre-ordered:

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage