Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

: Video game creator gets drunk before flight to New Mexico, finds out he's going to Mexico and then finds himself hunted down by the Mexican CIA, local authorities, and the mobsters...for a package they think he has, but even he is not sure if or even how, he got it. A funny action-comedy with a great performance by Michael Kingsbaker, his first lead role in a film (he is a theater actor who also did a stunt credit in The Dark Knight Rises), with an ensemble cast including Paul Sorvino, Bradley Gregg, Michael Madsen, and Billy Baldwin.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

: Video game creator gets drunk before flight to New Mexico, finds out he's going to Mexico and then finds himself hunted down by the Mexican CIA, local authorities, and the mobsters...for a package they think he has, but even he is not sure if or even how, he got it. A funny action-comedy with a great performance by Michael Kingsbaker, his first lead role in a film (he is a theater actor who also did a stunt credit in The Dark Knight Rises), with an ensemble cast including Paul Sorvino, Bradley Gregg, Michael Madsen, and Billy Baldwin.
Great cast of D-listers.

Suspect's Reviews

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Finding Steve McQueen (Mark Steven Johnson, 2019): His first directorial film since 2013's Hunting Season, Mark Steven Johnson depicts the 1972 United California bank heist, hailed as one of the biggest heists in American history. Travis Fimmel plays Harry Barber, a part of the gang responsible who has an obsession with Steve McQueen and his turbulent spiral from the heist to his relationship with a widow, played by fellow Australian Rachael Taylor. William Fichtner, Forest Whitaker, and Lily Rabe are great in their roles as well as Louis Lombardi and Rhys Coiro, who add some comic relief to the film along with Fichtner's heist leader.

Rating:

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Roxanne (1987): 9/10
L.A. Story (1991): 8.5/10
Phone Booth (2002): 8/10

Stigma (1977) – 5/10

WARNING: spoilers below
I would say this is horror rather than a ghost story. The idea itself is strong but I found the inconsistency of the blood a weakness – several times it appears with no visible injury underneath; in the denouement this changes to minute droplets seeping through the skin. You could say that this is the curse gradually affecting the physical body of its victim in stages (maybe eventually a stab wound would manifest, perfectly replicating the human sacrifice under the stone?). This is where the psychological bent of earlier M. R. James adaptations was preferable and perhaps Stigma would have been more successful had they stuck to that style even more.

The direction's good and I think Kate Binchy was really good. The upper middle classness was a bit hard work but fair enough, they're a well-to-do family who can afford diggers to move a stone . I thought the workman jumping straight into what was clearly a burial site – and ultimately a murder scene – and picking up the skull really quite ridiculous.

Operation Odessa (2018)
Not as good as Precinct Seven Five but such a crazy story.
Good recommendation! Watched it last night, and enjoyed it as much as anything I've seen in the past year! I kept shaking my head that these 3 were getting away with these incredible projects. And there were a bunch of laugh out loud moments as well. "Tarzan" is a riot. It's hard to imagine that anyone wouldn't like this first rate absorbing documentary. Cheers.

~Doc

Welcome to the human race...
Rosemary's Baby -

gotta love those movies where you can watch them and just be reminded of all the stuff that's been praised for ripping it off in the decades since its release

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
(2017)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

5th Re-watch...Woody Allen's exquisitely economic valentine to the city he loves more than any other...a sophisticated and witty screenplay...perfect ensemble cast with standout work from Keaton and Hemingway...even a very young Meryl Streep at her most beautiful...stunning photography and gorgeous George Gershwin music.

Rosemary's Baby -

gotta love those movies where you can watch them and just be reminded of all the stuff that's been praised for ripping it off in the decades since its release
That list would go on for at least the entire duration of the film. Were you even able to focus?

I've always depended on the kindness of strangers
Cul-de-sac - 6/10
I usually LOVE movies like these, but Polanski ruined it by making a movie (and characters) drunk before anyone had a drink. It felt a little like taking the great "Knife in the Water" and putting a knife through it with sham.