Petition to change the date of Halloween

Tools    

Bla... people trying to blame everything else other than themselves.

Previous generations of children have handled it fine and dandy, this generation can handle it too, it's a little thing called common sense. Why is everyone losing their common sense!?

Leave it to the 31st of October, if it lands on a weekday, boo hoo.

**** the parents:

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I think the motivation behind the petition is to keep children safe as well as to provide them with more hours to go Trick-or-Treating. Seems logical to me.

The article itself pretty much says the problems that result in accidents are due almost entirely to irresponsible parents.

So are those parents suddenly going to become more responsible if the date is changed? The kids of these parents who won't discuss safety, who won't check their kid's costumes for optimum safety & visibility, and who won't accompany their kids would now have their kids out longer and potentially farther from home if the date is changed as those unsupervised children would have all day to wander.

As far as traffic goes - in my neighborhood there is often more traffic on the weekends, and I can't prove this, but drivers (especially young ones) seem to drive faster on weekends (perhaps it's a psychological phenomenon of feeling free on the weekend and thus driving faster with music blasting). I know speeding motorcycles go crazy on the weekends as this is when most of their riders have time off to go out. Conversely, some drivers may be more alert for children on a school day as that is when children are more apt to be crossing streets on their way home.

As commentators in the article said - they'd have to be answering their door all day long. This smells of being a ploy of the candy industry as people would have to buy loads more candy to accommodate 12 hours of trick-or-treaters.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

It's a good idea for the safety of the kids, but I think a lot of people go out on Saturdays, so there will be a lot more unanswered doors for the kids too.

We give the kids toys instead of candy every year, so they always look forward to stopping here, but we almost always go out on Saturdays, so the kids will be very unhappy when they get here and nobody's home.

A system of cells interlinked
Don't mess with Samhain!

Also, it will be much harder for me to pretend I am not home during trick-or-treat hours if it goes all day on a Saturday.

We don't need to change the date of Halloween we need to have Seasonal week breaks. American's work to much the rest of the world has plenty of Holidays in a perfect world

October 31st - November 6th - Fall/Election Break

December 25th -January 2nd - Christmas Break

April 15th - April 22nd - Easter Spring Break

July 1st - July 7th - 4th of July Summer Break

No phone in hand while ignoring the kids?
Ha! Oh that second image was just from the link in the first post, I seen it and though it was pretty funny. Maybe I can photoshop a phone into it

No phone in hand while ignoring the kids?
Ha! Oh that second image was just from the link in the first post, I seen it and though it was pretty funny. Maybe I can photoshop a phone into it
Hahaha, and a meth pipe

Ok Citizen, I do love you, but I do hate this 'Back in my day' nonsense.
Back in MY day we didn't have time for trick-or-treaters... we were too busy keeping the dinosaurs away from our cave entrance!