The most misunderstood movies ever made

Tools    

I don't know how you can say his answer is any more 'misunderstood' than yours...neither of you have explained why you think the films you have picked are misunderstood.
If you have to ask than obviously there is a misunderstanding.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
If you have to ask than obviously there is a misunderstanding.
No, there is you not being clear. That is not misunderstanding, that is just not giving people anything to understand in the first place.

Well, i think Tarantino is misunderstood in that most his films are a series of surface references strung together with his overly personalised dialogue but most people think they're hip, original and the best of independent cinema they look smart for name dropping. Of course in a lot of ways, it's both those things just think more people should truly appreciate exactly what Tarantino does.

What is is about? I have bought it but still haven't watched it I feel I have to be in the right mood not sure when that will be
the glorification of racism and violence

I have no idea what people think movie's themes are : though I look at every angle a film has to offer when i'm watching it.

I think everyone misunderstands david lynch's movies : becuase it's really just random scenes he put together and originally was going to call it the "David Lynch : Crazy Hours"

What about "A Clock Work Orange" if ever there was a misunderstood film it would definetelys be among the top 5. This film made a social commentary about prison reform at its worst and predicted everything that is wrong with our penal system to date.

Prison reform, really? That movie has a lot of themes, teenage gangs, the roles of sex and violence in society, hypocrisy, the fallacy of thinking that 'High Culture' is inherently edifying and some people have even read it as a coded warning from Kubrick about the coming of the Illuminati's NWO. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oxhxXTHBOoM

Primarily, though I think it's about compelling people to do good through Skinnerian cognitive-behavioural conditioning versus free will. The title itself, "Clockwork Orange" is a reference to Skinner's principle that the mind is fundamentally mechanical, a proposition that the source novel's author Burgess found ludicrous. But hey, it's a rich movie and you can tease whatever meaning you can support from it. It just strikes me that Prison reform is a minority theme.

So you believe it promotes racism and violence or that it argues against it?
I think it glorifys it and promotes racism - though you can argue that it's main characters isn't racist anymore : that dosen't really matter because you already have been bombarded by this story where white people hate black people and vice versa

What about "A Clock Work Orange" if ever there was a misunderstood film it would definetelys be among the top 5. This film made a social commentary about prison reform at its worst and predicted everything that is wrong with our penal system to date.
I see it as a humanization of what our society would call pyschopaths and murdeders .

It's not a humanization, it's dehumanization. It's about messing with human psyche in order to create someone who will obey and never do anything wrong - a machine. Of course, there is no appropriate punishment for some crimes, but messing with free will is wrong, and that's what the movie is trying to say.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think it glorifys it and promotes racism - though you can argue that it's main characters isn't racist anymore : that dosen't really matter because you already have been bombarded by this story where white people hate black people and vice versa
Showing something in a film, even if the characters themselves enjoy it, is not the same as glorifying and promoting it. The characters are racist, yes, but does that make the film racist? Being about something isn't the same as being it. Is Do the Right Thing a racist film? Is Lolita promoting paedophilia?

You can't dismiss the main character's change of heart, either. It is not so much the fact that he decides it isn't good to be racist anymore as the way his violent past catches up with him that is important. It is like reading Crime and Punishment and saying that the ending isn't important because it has already shown a crime and therefore glorified it.