Gatsby's Top 50 Albums

Tools    

Master of My Domain
46. Definitely Maybe

Favorite Tracks:

1. Supsersonic
2. Rock n Roll Star
3. Married With Children

Oasis' second album, Morning Glory, features a more radio-friendly pop sound, but my preference is definitely, and not maybe, their energetic punk-esque debut album. Consistency is a key highlight in this album- every song feels like a title track, with walls of guitars, clever songwriting, and raw but subtly sweet and honest vocals.

Oasis is cool but I never delved too much into their work. One day. One day.

I'd love to rep Oasis as they are grand lyrically and musically but I just don't like the vocals on some of them ... if I could give two-thirds of a rep I certainly would ... sowwy Gats

Master of My Domain
Tis okay Chyp. Gallagher's vocals are a taste not everyone acquires.

Master of My Domain
45. Blame it on the Bossa Nova

Favorite Tracks:

1. Blame it on the Bossa Nova
2. The Coffee Song
3. The Message

Chose this album out of the few Eydie Gorme albums I've heard from start to finish. [i]Blame it on the Bossa Nova[/] has a more mainstream sound compared to her early work, and I guess that's why it appeals to me. Clocking it at 35 minutes and with no depressing lyrics or distorted sound, the album feels like a light, soft breeze, which often serves as a nice break. Really shows its potential when trying to write a paper.

Master of My Domain
44. Fragile

Favorite Tracks:

1. Roundabout
2. South Side of the Sky
3. Cans and Brahms

Yes' masterpiece is pure glorious progressive rock. If hard rock fans have Back in Black, prog lovers, which includes me, have this go-to album to enjoy anytime of the day. 9 awesome songs prove that being armed with a variety of sound brought from all sorts of genres is definite success key.

No hesitation at all in rep for Eydie, you probably already know I'm not a huge prog-rock fan so sorry about that one

Master of My Domain
I hate Oasis. Absolutely cannot stand them.

Gorme is okay. Not really my kind of music. I've not heard much from Yes, but I like what I have heard.
Your comment about Oasis sucks, but at least you like Yes so far.

Master of My Domain
43. Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols

Favorite Tracks:

1. God Save the Queen
2. Holidays in the Sun
3. Problems

Definitely not the best punk rock record in terms of musical quality, but I have to say, it's so fun to listen to. This is one of the few albums that have an enjoyable 'annoying' sound - because energy and sharp lyrics back it up and make it great. A near-perfect album full of everything you can expect from an attitude built on rock and roll. God save the queen!

I've not delved into punk well enough yet and I'm not sure I'd fall in love with that genre, but that is one punk record I've always liked.

Master of My Domain
42. Gratitude

Favorite Tracks:

1. New World Symphony
2. Africano/Power
3. Sunshine

Earth. Wind and Fire is a band that shines the most when performing live, because every band member unites to create glorious sounds, whereas studio albums often have some member outshine each other in order to create a more conventional sound. Thus, Gratitude in my opinion is a masterpiece.

41. Rumors

Favorite Tracks:

1. Go Your Own Way
2. Dreams
3. Songbird

Guilty pleasure album for me, because it's a genre I usually don't enjoy. Pop rock rarely has the same amount of atmosphere and serene harmony that can be found in Rumours. Every song works and connects with each other flawlessly, letting you peacefully drift away into the music.

Ooops, just checked after my comment in my thread and I obviously missed these updates at the time Sorry Gats!!

NMTB is just such a great album
EW&F I like but can't say I've ever played an entire album all the way through, must try and correct that this weekend.
Rumours is very solid - amazing how they managed to produce such a work with everything that was going on at the time.

Master of My Domain
40. Dirt

Favorite Tracks:

1. Rooster
2. Rain When I Die
3. Junkhead

A lot of 90s grunge bands used hooks inspired by pop songs to maximize commercial appeal (*cough* Pearl Jam *cough*), but Alice in Chains, even after receiving spotlight, never abandoned their origins, and made Dirt, a friggin' masterpiece with an hour of extremely moody, depressing songs while providing powerful laments on society. Rooster might be the best anti-war song ever written.

Master of My Domain
39. Lullabies of Birdland

Favorite Tracks:

1. Lullaby of Birdland
2. Ella Sings the Blues
3. Oh Lady Be Good

This is my go-to jazz album by a female artist. It's a hard to describe why I like it, because atmosphere is very hard to analyze. Let's just say I'll be loving it until I get bored of jazz, which I don't think will be happening soon.